Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,329 Members 38,963 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Forums on XDA?

Tip us?

svetius
Old
(Last edited by Fallen Spartan; 28th January 2010 at 05:03 PM.)
User Experience Admin - OP
Thanks Meter 3,217
Question New Forums on XDA?

Hey Everyone,

As mentioned in my earlier post (please read if you have not yet already), we are considering adding non-HTC forums to the site, and are curious to hear which ones should be first. We're considering devices such as the Motorola Droid/CLIQ, plus the Samsung Omnia II and/or Acer neoTouch. What are your thoughts? We're listening!

P.S. The below excerpt is taken from my first post, and should help answer some questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svetius;
Finally-- and hopefully this doesn't cause a mass uproar-- we are considering the idea of selectively adding non-HTC device forums (focused on Windows Mobile and Android devices). Every day we get requests from users for this, and there's really no good reason why we cannot oblige them. Already the discussion is happening in the general forums. That said, we will only add new forums if: 1. We are confident added traffic won't cause site speed to suffer; 2. We can recruit quality moderators; and 3. The content and discussion is of high quality. The only way to know these things for sure is to try it out. So, within the next 14 days we are going to add two or three non-HTC forums. The delay is to ensure the site continues to operate at a reasonable speed and so we can figure out where to put the new forums (the forum homepage is already absurdly long and cluttered). We are open to suggestions as to deserving devices for our first non-HTC forums, so give us your ideas in this thread.
MOD EDIT - The following devices are due to be added Thursday morning (CET time):

Acer neoTouch F1 S200
Acer Liquid A1 S100
Samsung Omnia II
Toshiba TG01

There may be a slight delay in adding these so no more request for the above devices
svetius
-----
User Experience Admin
xda-developers

Badwolve1
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
Default HP iPAQ HX4700

HP iPAQ HX4700, even though it is a HTC made device, would love to have a forum for it, willing to moderate as i have plenty of spare time
Much Thanks
Badwolve1

PS, YES!!! Second Post on both threads
Miles
XDA Developers Moderator
Twitter

HTC Rhodium
HTC Diamond
HTC Roadster / HP iPAQ HX4700
Some other iPAQs made before 2003

kalya
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up Long overdue!

At last !

This is a very nice forum, resourceful , frequented by the "developers" yet user/noob friendly.

People like me were / are dismayed when requests-questions for non HTC devices are placed in the hacking forum where you just cannot keep track of the threads.

More and more WM/android based devices are launched now and we should have a separate forum for them.

Maybe we can first demand a few requests for a particular device before starting a dedicated forum so that it would not fizzle out in the long run and the whole site becomes cluttered unneccessarily.
HTC One Developers Edition 64GB
S-off, Viper 4.2
Windows 7 Ultimate32Bit/ Windows 8 Pro Dual Boot
ASUS commando motherboard
Core 2 duo 2.2, 4 GB RAM, 1TB HDD
Yes,I like my Exec than all other PPCs;I like it more after upgrading it to 128 MB.....motherboard upgaded by Tomal.

orb3000
Old
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,033
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
From my experience, the most requested one is: Omnia
orb

HTC One M8 - HTC Butterfly S - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognizes that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly

yash08
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I think the droid should make the first entry, its really popular. But thats just my opinion.

farukb
Old
(Last edited by farukb; 11th January 2010 at 06:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 151
hell,whose idea was this...??

you are breaking our firs tenant which says "made by a firm called HTC"

we stood for the idea for a long time and prevented such forums to be crated and now comes some "user experience admin" who works for the "unhappy samsung motorola crowd" selling some controversial ideas

come on people,don't be ridiculous...

GREAT,just great....you could also say hello to iPhone and crappy nokias....which we fought for a long time.......great job traitor
Make your life much easier by going here and changing "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" to 50!

ajhvdb
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Yes, OMNIA II and why not iPhone?
SleepSense (Monitor Sleep Cycle, G-Sensor, Alarm, Clock)
OMNIA II, WM6.5, SPB Shell 3.5, IGO8

ilMessia
Old
(Last edited by ilMessia; 11th January 2010 at 07:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 15
An i780 forum won't be bad too. This is the best site for i780 even if it's not (yet) officialy supported. There are several roms for it on xda and there's also an android porting for this device.
Maybe a brand forum will be great too. For example a samsung or acer or anythig else forum with some subforums like rom developemente, q&a and general discussions.

Badwolve1
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhvdb View Post
Yes, OMNIA II and why not iPhone?
Omnia 2 is winmo, this forum is for WINMO + ANDROID ONLY!!! iPhone can go somewhere else for the people who like it
I still want one for my HTC MADE IPAQ, its in the WIKI under HTC Roadster
Miles
XDA Developers Moderator
Twitter

HTC Rhodium
HTC Diamond
HTC Roadster / HP iPAQ HX4700
Some other iPAQs made before 2003

farukb
Old
(Last edited by farukb; 11th January 2010 at 08:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 151
but hey this is..or at least was htc forum and not winmo and android forum...so...if we are expanding towards samsung,motorola and some others,why don't we go for apple too

think about it

i mean i'm not supporting any of that but....higher force wants to try it out,so if we are opening our gates for non htcs....apple is also nonhtc...so what's the difference
Make your life much easier by going here and changing "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" to 50!

Tags
test