[2/27/2010] Google Android for TP2 CDMA [In Dev]

OP 95-civic

12th January 2010, 02:38 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 3

436 posts
More
Thanks been waiting for this kind of thread.

I loved using Android on my XV6800 but once I switch to TP2 I lost access to the marketplace (still waiting to see if someone can get wifi working). So I cannot wait to try this for TP2!
12th January 2010, 02:43 PM   |  #12  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
Just out of curiosity, what is your end goal? A fully functional flushable android rom (which would be great) or a fully functional harret?

---and I am more that willing to donate some cash for the final result
12th January 2010, 04:07 PM   |  #13  

19 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klynch_gdd

Shakes head, you do realize why this thread was started. Not to work on GSM, but for CDMA version. There are a TON of GSM android threads right now, but no real CDMA thread.

And 95-civic... THANK YOU!!!

I do realize this is a cdma thread you must have missed this statement

I did ask in the bounty thread about learning how to map and fix end key for tilt 2 gsm your compiled zimage wont work for my gsm phone with the fix will it?
I asked here because an option to help was offered in the prior posts in another thread.
12th January 2010, 04:35 PM   |  #14  
Flag Chicago

22 posts
Also, is it possible to get the gsensor working. I find pulling out the stylus to activate landscape to be somewhat annoying. Is that just a temporary thing, will we eventually get to use of the gsensor and the keyboard slide activating the landscape?
13th January 2010, 12:29 AM   |  #15  

84 posts
It's amazing how such great progress can be made and yet someone has to ask about the gsensor working. Baby steps man. Speakers and Mic are very important. Then data and SMS. Once the basic phone functions are there, I'm sure Civic or someone else will start attacking things like Gsensor. Sorry, not trying to be rude but focus on what's more important and don't worry about the smaller stuff. Kudos Civic. Well done.

On a side note, I also would like to know if you plan to take this all the way to the finished product with a flashable ROM. Either way, you can expect a donation in the next few weeks from me. (Christmas wiped me out!)
13th January 2010, 12:46 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 13

228 posts
More
Thank you so much!! I love this phone, and I think android on it will blow the nexus one away. I cant stand on screen keyboards!! Keep up the good work and you will be getting my donations and many many thanks!!
13th January 2010, 04:36 AM   |  #17  
OP Member

30 posts
new zImage Available
The most recent zImage can be found in post #2. Unzip the zImage to your SD root and over write existing file. Don't forget to delete the data.img file as well.

Not a huge change but I've fixed the key mapping. I've had less than an combined hour over the past 48 hours to get in front of my home computer due to long days at the office this week, next step is to tackle the speaker / mic issue.

Enjoy!
13th January 2010, 04:43 AM   |  #18  
OP Member

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by torn8o

I have a GSM phone I see your working on the end key mapping for cdma.
I did ask in the bounty thread about learning how to map and fix end key for tilt 2 gsm your compiled zimage wont work for my gsm phone with the fix will it?

I don't own a GSM phone so I can't confirm. Try the most recent zImage in post #2, just remove the ".95-civic" from the end of the file and overwrite you existing zImage.

BTW the ".95-civic" will be removed in the next build. Obviously it's just a simple renaming of the file, but we'll call it .CDMATP2 or something along those lines.
13th January 2010, 04:47 AM   |  #19  
OP Member

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drb115

Just out of curiosity, what is your end goal? A fully functional flushable android rom (which would be great) or a fully functional harret?

---and I am more that willing to donate some cash for the final result

Would you like me to put a project charter together? lol... j/k

For now I will continue with Harret, but ultimately we all would love to have a flashable rom to utilize the phone's internal memory. Since just above every other htc phone is ahead of us with their android ports, I'm hoping someone figures this part out by the time we catch up!
13th January 2010, 04:49 AM   |  #20  
OP Member

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drb115

Also, is it possible to get the gsensor working. I find pulling out the stylus to activate landscape to be somewhat annoying. Is that just a temporary thing, will we eventually get to use of the gsensor and the keyboard slide activating the landscape?

As mentioned in another reply this is low priority on the list, however if you could get everyone else in the group to agree that this is more important that the speaker / mic I'll gladly do this for you. :P

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, cdma, port, rhodium, sprint, touch pro 2, tp 2, tp2, verizon
Previous Thread Next Thread