Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

SDHC card doesnt work on hero?

OP jtmercutio

12th January 2010, 04:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

102 posts
bought a 4gb SDHC card... arent these bad boys supposed to work on the hero?? Or, not so much?? lol
12th January 2010, 04:53 AM   |  #2  
Flag Clinton, TN
Thanks Meter: 146

3,343 posts
More
What do you mean doesn't work?

You say SDHC But I assume you mean Micro-SD HC
12th January 2010, 05:07 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 78

1,107 posts
SDHC cards won't work because they're too big and won't fit.

You want a MicroSD or Micro SDHC. These work fine with the Hero, up to the 16GB maximum currently available. Supposed to be compatible with the upcoming 32GB cards as well.
12th January 2010, 05:37 AM   |  #4  
Flag Katy Texas
Thanks Meter: 228

2,036 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmercutio

bought a 4gb SDHC card... arent these bad boys supposed to work on the hero?? Or, not so much?? lol

Micro SDHC cards do work...I have a 16GB Class 6 Micro SDHC card in mine and it works perfectly.

If you have a Micro SDHC card, what's not working? Perhaps it's something simple that I (or someone else) can help you with?
12th January 2010, 02:30 PM   |  #5  
Flag Houston, Texas
Thanks Meter: 5

254 posts
Quote:

You might need to format the micro-sdhc card.

Menu > Settings > SD card & phone storage > Format SD card

I am using a 16gb micro-sdhc cl6 card just fine, I even partitioned 2gb to ext2/4/swap for the ap2sd functionality.
13th January 2010, 06:14 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

102 posts
sorry about the delayed response. Whenever I plug it into my phone, it says "This card is either blank or using an unsupported filesystem." and gives me the option to format it. then doesnt do anything, let me snap pics, or anything.
13th January 2010, 01:06 PM   |  #7  
Flag Clinton, TN
Thanks Meter: 146

3,343 posts
More
Quote:

sorry about the delayed response. Whenever I plug it into my phone, it says "This card is either blank or using an unsupported filesystem." and gives me the option to format it. then doesnt do anything, let me snap pics, or anything.

Gotcha...so at least it fits in the phone lol.
You'll need to put it in a card reader, something other than the phone. At this point the phone won't even mount it to format it from Windows.

Once you have it in a card reader, you can format it, make sure you format it as FAT16.

You MIGHT be able to format it in Recovery from the Format SD option. I assume you will be doing this anyways for Apps2sd.
13th January 2010, 02:51 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 78

1,107 posts
Quote:

You need to format it.

If your phone has trouble formatting it, stick it in your computer and format it there.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread