Just to let you know, there's a beta of MortPlayer in the Android Market ("MortPlayer Music (beta)").
Don't expect it to be the 50" thick swiss army knife MortPlayer for WM became.
Some features still need to be added (sleep timer, caching database, ...), but mostly I want to keep it simple to use.
So, what you get with "MortPlayer Music" is a simple, folder based player. No "favorites", just a selectable main folder. No playlist support, because that just caused confusion about the current mode and when to save. (However, there might come support for existing playlist files that determine the order of files in the same folder.) No special audio book support - but I plan to offer a separate "MortPlayer Audio Books", which of course will have it's own main directory.
What it does offer so far:
- Simple folder based navigation with folder skip buttons and hierarchical selection (tap cover)
- Selection of current track (tap track information, you can switch folder from there as well)
- Supports all common album art storages: ID3 (currently buggy), cover.jpg, folder.jpg, AlbumArt.jpg
- Shuffle and repeat modes as known from WM version
- Restores previously selected track
- Widgets (Cover = play/pause, track information = "remote control" popup)
- Cache directory structure and tag data in database (except covers, don't want to clutter the device storage...)
- Show tag data in track list
- Some eye candy (e.g. animations, background images)
- "As next track" option in track list
- Sleep timer, maybe alarm clock
- Audio book version (separate app)
- Version history dialog
- PayPal button in Help/About
- Different main screens (selection or skinning, let's see what's possible...)
What won't be implemented (soon):
- Equalizer, effects, other formats. I use Android's playback methods, and Android doesn't offer them...
- Streaming. Maybe some time as separate app, but I think there are already better solutions for that.
Maybe, some day:
- Playlist support (read only, only for files in same folder)
- Temporary folder selection (play some folder(s) not in main directory, don't save/cache anything for it)
- Tag based navigation
- Search function
- Playlist version (similar to MortPlayer for WM in playlist mode)
, with current versions of MortPlayer, MortButtons, MortScript, etc.
If you like my programs, please donate