Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,636 Members 52,854 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2010-09-04][v1.2.0] ArkSwitch: the task manager, upgraded!

Tip us?

fotone
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Possible X of windows mobile (down right) = close ?
HTC Desire HD

efsane
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Nice work ! Thanks Arktronic.

Arktronic
Old
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 55

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepthroat View Post
looks great! but QVGA please ??
I still have my old Hermes. When I have a chance, I'll flash a WM6.5.x ROM on it and get that working. It's on the TODO list

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadlife View Post
Rows were overlapping eachother.

The the program crashed when I chose exit from the menu and I was forced to soft-reset.

Runnning WinMo 6.5 on a Touch Pro 2
Obviously you didn't read my first two posts. This application is NOT for the original WM6.5! Only for 6.5.x, where the start and X keys are on the bottom of the screen. However, if you'd like to use it as a regular task manager started by a hardware button or something similar, that could be done in the future through an options screen, which is also on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel-auto78 View Post
I was wrong in my question. Can I put the launch ArkSwitch on softkey?
(My english very bad, isn't it?)
Please see above. And if you're not sure if your English text is good, you can also say it in Russian next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
so far so good on my Whitestone (Imagio) 6.5

1. question- is my regular taskmanager (upper most right hand corner) still supposed to function? bc i loose the little icon and get no response from pressing there. wasn't sure from your description if they both were supposed to function at the same time.

2. my device is wvga and i did not have overlap issues like a previous post.

3. the x's all work good and switching between apps works good.

4. pressing softkey\menu\quit arkswitch exits the program and it has to be restarted. "X"ing the upper right minimizes? is that correct?

5. oh yeah- and touching the upper left is working good to open ArkSwitch.

6. Thank you. I have been looking for a simple solution for a finger friendly task manager.
1. ArkSwitch does not touch the right half of the taskbar at all. I'm not sure which task manager you're using, though.

2. Right, because you're actually using WM6.5.x as opposed to toadlife...

3. Great, that means I can say WVGA works!

4. Correct. Would you like me to add an "Are you sure?" dialog when quitting?

5. Yay!

6. You're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodeltje View Post
Really quick program, working pretty good!

I do have 2 requests though, which would make it perfect

I am on a 6.5.3 wvga device and I have some icons overlapping the text... maybe you can crop/stretch all icons to a specific size?

and another request, could you implement a way to exclude processes from showing in arkswitch? like start.exe etc?

Really well done so far!

point the button towards \..\program files\arkswitch\arkswitch.exe that works for me.

EDIT: well, the button doesn't work all the time, I think it has something to do with what program is in focus or something...

guess that adds a 3rd request... sorry to a pain in the ass
Hmm, I guess if an icon is bigger than I tested with, it would overlap. I'll add that to the list. Can you give me an example of which app(s) had overlapping icons please?

Excluding processes is already on the TODO list.

Yeah, starting the program multiple times doesn't always bring it to the front. You have to have opened the ArkSwitch window at least once before it could do that. I'm not sure why that's happening; I'll look into it some more. It's definitely a bug that should be fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotone View Post
Possible X of windows mobile (down right) = close ?
I'm not entirely sure how to do that, actually. If any WinMo devs with experience on this would like to point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it

Thanks for your feedback, everyone!
Phones: Nokia 6800 Typhoon (SMT5600) ► Hermes (TyTN) ► Raphael (Fuze) ► Samsung Focus Flash + Lumia 710
Tablets: B&N NOOKcolor
Tweet @Arktronic

Want to ping or do DNS and WHOIS lookups on WP7? Get my Network Suite app! Want to have self-updating code in your own WP7 apps? Check out LiveLibs.

"Ну, чумадан, погоди!"

jodeltje
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktronic View Post
Hmm, I guess if an icon is bigger than I tested with, it would overlap. I'll add that to the list. Can you give me an example of which app(s) had overlapping icons please?
I've customized some "iReflect" icons with "JWMD Icon Changer".

hope this helps.

Arktronic
Old
Thanks Meter 55

DONATE TO ME
Are you sure that the overlapping icons are the customized ones? Because it looks like JWMD only changes the start menu icons, while ArkSwitch looks inside the actual EXE to find its icon.
Phones: Nokia 6800 Typhoon (SMT5600) ► Hermes (TyTN) ► Raphael (Fuze) ► Samsung Focus Flash + Lumia 710
Tweet @Arktronic

Want to ping or do DNS and WHOIS lookups on WP7? Get my Network Suite app! Want to have self-updating code in your own WP7 apps? Check out LiveLibs.

"Ну, чумадан, погоди!"

jodeltje
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Are you sure that the overlapping icons are the customized ones? Because it looks like JWMD only changes the start menu icons, while ArkSwitch looks inside the actual EXE to find its icon.
oops your right, it shows the original icon... it was task manila... the program...

Arktronic
Old
Thanks Meter 55

DONATE TO ME
Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for your feedback!

By the way, I've added a to-do list to the second post.
Tweet @Arktronic

"Ну, чумадан, погоди!"

kwill
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Works perfect on Tilt 2. THanks a lot!
Lumia 920 - Dev Unlocked
Nokia Lumia 900 - Sold
HTC Titan - Sold
HTC HD7 - Fully Unlocked

thepolishguy
Old
Thanks Meter 179
Default working for me on 6.5

Quote:
I still have my old Hermes. When I have a chance, I'll flash a WM6.5.x ROM on it and get that working. It's on the TODO list

Obviously you didn't read my first two posts. This application is NOT for the original WM6.5! Only for 6.5.x, where the start and X keys are on the bottom of the screen. However, if you'd like to use it as a regular task manager started by a hardware button or something similar, that could be done in the future through an options screen, which is also on the list.

4. Correct. Would you like me to add an "Are you sure?" dialog when quitting?
!
A. I misunderstood "for 6.5.x" as meaning 6.5 and above. Just to let you know i am running plain old 6.5 and my start button still works in the upper left corner.

B. The ArkSwitch button works as well in the upper left corner.

C. Maybe 6.5 compatibility explains why the original task manager doesn't function with ArkSwitch?

4. I would definitely would not want you to add an "are you sure". I hate those.

Hope the feed back helps and is not annoying.

mr.First
Old
Thanks Meter 0
ArkSwitch works on QVGA device
Quote:
Please see above. And if you're not sure if your English text is good, you can also say it in Russian next time
Спасибо за работу.

Tags
manager, task, task manager, wm6.5.x