XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

Classic - Titanium Today Toggle (for NON TF3D/Manila Devices)

17th January 2010, 03:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag inside the Grid
Thanks Meter: 1,840

2,043 posts
Donate to Me
Thanks in part to NoPluginsToday- I developed a reliable back and forth toggle; from classic to titanium and back... no more start-> settings-> personal-> Today-> Items-> CheckCheckCheck-> OK. Just one tap.

Requirements:
1. The script assumes you have NoPlugingsToday and Mortscript installed to their default locations. Both can be found easily via web search, and are both free and commonly used.
2. Copy the .mscr to your \windows\ folder on your device and the .lnk file anywhere you want. Run via the .lnk (or make your own .lnk)
3. For the script to work right, before running it; set up your classic today plugins.
-switch to wm classic today; start/settings/personal/today/items (uncheck windows default) and select the classic plugins you want working when you switch to classic mode, click ok. this is important to do BEFORE running the script the first time, and only needs to be done once.

!!if you are having issues with your classic today items not showing up!!
--switch to classic today, enable the items you want active
--run nopluginstoday (to make sure they disappear) and then
--run nopluginstoday again (to reenable them)
if the reverse or something else happens you are trying to set classic items up when nopluginstoday is set to "hide items". I've seen issues where nopluginstoday was in the wrong state when I configured my classic today items... and thus when my script called it there were no items to enable.

Code:
regReadDword HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Windows Default", Enabled, derk

if equals %derk%,1
	regWriteDword HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Windows Default", Enabled, 0
	RedrawToday
	RunWait "\Program Files\NoPluginsToday\NoPluginsToday.exe"
    else
	regWriteDword HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Windows Default", Enabled, 1
	RedrawToday
endif
What it does:

Script from classic today:
Checks reg for titanium enabled (in this case it is not) - no change
runs NoPluginsToday which stores active classic plugin info and shuts them all off.
Then write reg entry to enable titanium and call redrawtoday.
Titanium Enabled.

From Titanium:
Check reg for titanium enabled (which it is now) - change
call redrawtoday (to unload titanium residuals??? maybe? cant hurt)
run NoPluginsToday which retrieves active classic plugin list and starts them back up.
Classic Enabled.

-cope
Attached Files
File Type: zip Titanium Toggle.zip - [Click for QR Code] (401 Bytes, 128 views)
Last edited by copenhagen; 28th December 2010 at 08:16 PM.
17th January 2010, 04:40 AM   |  #2  
Flag East Greenwich, RI
Thanks Meter: 2

876 posts
More
very nice...
17th January 2010, 05:40 PM   |  #3  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag inside the Grid
Thanks Meter: 1,840

2,043 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdykeith

very nice...

Thanks If I can help out even one person... then I am happy
15th July 2010, 09:05 AM   |  #4  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 26

550 posts
More
Tried opening your ZIP file on both my laptop and Tilt 2 (running 6.5) and got error messages on both devices saying the file was corrupted or missing something. Can you check to see if the file is valid.

Curious to see how this might work on my device. Already have the other necessary files installed and only running Today Screen now (TouchFlo turned off).

Thanks,

JIM

UPDATE: Never mind. I copied and pasted the above into an mscr file and gave it a try. Works OK, except Uptime, an uptime meter plugin from AE Button Plus, does not reappear when I restore my Today Screen. The only thing that brings it back is opening and then closing the Today settings applet. Uptime remains checked.
Last edited by jimski; 16th July 2010 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Copied the mort manually
14th August 2010, 02:34 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
very instructive for me
Thx man
The Following User Says Thank You to bikhoda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th December 2010, 01:58 PM   |  #6  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 83

425 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by copenhagen

Thanks in part to NoPluginsToday- I developed a reliable back and forth toggle; from classic to titanium and back... no more start-> settings-> personal-> Today-> Items-> CheckCheckCheck-> OK. Just one tap.

Requirements:
1. The script assumes you have NoPlugingsToday and Mortscript installed to their default locations. Both can be found easily via web search, and are both free and commonly used.
2. Copy the .mscr to your \windows\ folder on your device and the .lnk file anywhere you want. Run via the .lnk (or make your own .lnk)
3. For the script to work right, before running it; set up your classic today plugins.
-switch to wm classic today; start/settings/personal/today/items (uncheck windows default) and select the classic plugins you want working when you switch to classic mode, click ok. this is important to do BEFORE running the script the first time, and only needs to be done once.

Code:
regReadDword HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Windows Default", Enabled, derk

if equals %derk%,1
	regWriteDword HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Windows Default", Enabled, 0
	RedrawToday
    else
	regWriteDword HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Windows Default", Enabled, 1
	RedrawToday
endif
What it does:

Script from classic today:
Checks reg for titanium enabled (in this case it is not) - no change
runs NoPluginsToday which stores active classic plugin info and shuts them all off.
Then write reg entry to enable titanium and call redrawtoday.
Titanium Enabled.

From Titanium:
Check reg for titanium enabled (which it is now) - change
call redrawtoday (to unload titanium residuals??? maybe? cant hurt)
run NoPluginsToday which retrieves active classic plugin list and starts them back up.
Classic Enabled.

-cope

Excellent ! Many thanks @copenhagen :) I've been looking for something to do this for some time and now found your script.

As the .zip above appears to be corrupted, I've recreated - attached new .zip includes the Mortscript (taken from your code box) and also Link files for the script toggle and NoPluginsToday - was puzzling on how to cope with having changed the composition of my classic Today plugis and then realised that all that is needed is to rerun NoPlugins Today to reset the Registry record.

Titanium Toggle.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to kevinpwhite For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chome, classic, titanium, toggle, wm6.5
Previous Thread Next Thread