Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 39,135 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Classic - Titanium Today Toggle (for NON TF3D/Manila Devices)

Tip us?

copenhagen
Old
(Last edited by copenhagen; 28th December 2010 at 08:16 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1839

DONATE TO ME
Default Classic - Titanium Today Toggle (for NON TF3D/Manila Devices)

Thanks in part to NoPluginsToday- I developed a reliable back and forth toggle; from classic to titanium and back... no more start-> settings-> personal-> Today-> Items-> CheckCheckCheck-> OK. Just one tap.

Requirements:
1. The script assumes you have NoPlugingsToday and Mortscript installed to their default locations. Both can be found easily via web search, and are both free and commonly used.
2. Copy the .mscr to your \windows\ folder on your device and the .lnk file anywhere you want. Run via the .lnk (or make your own .lnk)
3. For the script to work right, before running it; set up your classic today plugins.
-switch to wm classic today; start/settings/personal/today/items (uncheck windows default) and select the classic plugins you want working when you switch to classic mode, click ok. this is important to do BEFORE running the script the first time, and only needs to be done once.

!!if you are having issues with your classic today items not showing up!!
--switch to classic today, enable the items you want active
--run nopluginstoday (to make sure they disappear) and then
--run nopluginstoday again (to reenable them)
if the reverse or something else happens you are trying to set classic items up when nopluginstoday is set to "hide items". I've seen issues where nopluginstoday was in the wrong state when I configured my classic today items... and thus when my script called it there were no items to enable.

Code:
regReadDword HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Windows Default", Enabled, derk

if equals %derk%,1
	regWriteDword HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Windows Default", Enabled, 0
	RedrawToday
	RunWait "\Program Files\NoPluginsToday\NoPluginsToday.exe"
    else
	regWriteDword HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Windows Default", Enabled, 1
	RedrawToday
endif
What it does:

Script from classic today:
Checks reg for titanium enabled (in this case it is not) - no change
runs NoPluginsToday which stores active classic plugin info and shuts them all off.
Then write reg entry to enable titanium and call redrawtoday.
Titanium Enabled.

From Titanium:
Check reg for titanium enabled (which it is now) - change
call redrawtoday (to unload titanium residuals??? maybe? cant hurt)
run NoPluginsToday which retrieves active classic plugin list and starts them back up.
Classic Enabled.

-cope
Attached Files
File Type: zip Titanium Toggle.zip - [Click for QR Code] (401 Bytes, 128 views)
Shooteru CM10 01.06.13: XXXXX- | Released! - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=36047531

co founder (Bürgermeister) - AmeriCanAndroid

HTC EVO 3D▪HTC aHD2oid▪Sony Ericsson C905i▪HP Ipaq 210▪Sony Ericsson K810▪Sony Ericsson K790a▪HP Ipaq HX2495b▪HTC Audiovox PPC6600▪Motorola Razr V3▪Motorola Star-tac 3000▪Motorola Dpc 550

howdykeith
Old
Thanks Meter 2
very nice...

copenhagen
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1839

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdykeith View Post
very nice...
Thanks If I can help out even one person... then I am happy
Shooteru CM10 01.06.13: XXXXX- | Released! - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=36047531

co founder (Bürgermeister) - AmeriCanAndroid

HTC EVO 3D▪HTC aHD2oid▪Sony Ericsson C905i▪HP Ipaq 210▪Sony Ericsson K810▪Sony Ericsson K790a▪HP Ipaq HX2495b▪HTC Audiovox PPC6600▪Motorola Razr V3▪Motorola Star-tac 3000▪Motorola Dpc 550

jimski
Old
(Last edited by jimski; 16th July 2010 at 06:34 PM.) Reason: Copied the mort manually
Thanks Meter 26
Tried opening your ZIP file on both my laptop and Tilt 2 (running 6.5) and got error messages on both devices saying the file was corrupted or missing something. Can you check to see if the file is valid.

Curious to see how this might work on my device. Already have the other necessary files installed and only running Today Screen now (TouchFlo turned off).

Thanks,

JIM

UPDATE: Never mind. I copied and pasted the above into an mscr file and gave it a try. Works OK, except Uptime, an uptime meter plugin from AE Button Plus, does not reappear when I restore my Today Screen. The only thing that brings it back is opening and then closing the Today settings applet. Uptime remains checked.
AT&T Nokia Lumia 900 - Black - OS; 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084

AT&T HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

bikhoda
Old
Thanks Meter 1
very instructive for me
Thx man
The Following User Says Thank You to bikhoda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kevinpwhite
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by copenhagen View Post
Thanks in part to NoPluginsToday- I developed a reliable back and forth toggle; from classic to titanium and back... no more start-> settings-> personal-> Today-> Items-> CheckCheckCheck-> OK. Just one tap.

Requirements:
1. The script assumes you have NoPlugingsToday and Mortscript installed to their default locations. Both can be found easily via web search, and are both free and commonly used.
2. Copy the .mscr to your \windows\ folder on your device and the .lnk file anywhere you want. Run via the .lnk (or make your own .lnk)
3. For the script to work right, before running it; set up your classic today plugins.
-switch to wm classic today; start/settings/personal/today/items (uncheck windows default) and select the classic plugins you want working when you switch to classic mode, click ok. this is important to do BEFORE running the script the first time, and only needs to be done once.

Code:
regReadDword HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Windows Default", Enabled, derk

if equals %derk%,1
	regWriteDword HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Windows Default", Enabled, 0
	RedrawToday
    else
	regWriteDword HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Windows Default", Enabled, 1
	RedrawToday
endif
What it does:

Script from classic today:
Checks reg for titanium enabled (in this case it is not) - no change
runs NoPluginsToday which stores active classic plugin info and shuts them all off.
Then write reg entry to enable titanium and call redrawtoday.
Titanium Enabled.

From Titanium:
Check reg for titanium enabled (which it is now) - change
call redrawtoday (to unload titanium residuals??? maybe? cant hurt)
run NoPluginsToday which retrieves active classic plugin list and starts them back up.
Classic Enabled.

-cope
Excellent ! Many thanks @copenhagen :) I've been looking for something to do this for some time and now found your script.

As the .zip above appears to be corrupted, I've recreated - attached new .zip includes the Mortscript (taken from your code box) and also Link files for the script toggle and NoPluginsToday - was puzzling on how to cope with having changed the composition of my classic Today plugis and then realised that all that is needed is to rerun NoPlugins Today to reset the Registry record.

Titanium Toggle.zip
Devices:
1). Toshiba TG01 - WM6.5 custom ROM (TG01_KPW121227.001) + 128GB Sandisk uSDXC UHS-I + Mugen 1.3Ah battery
2). Toshiba e830 WiFi+BT, WM2003SE + OzVGA; 32GB CF, 4GB SD, Garmin cfQue 1620 GPS; Audiovox GSM/GPRS data CF; Socket LP-E Ethernet
External Storage
250GB ext'l HD (Toshiba 1.8" in compact USB enclosure + LIon battery + custom cables)
Multimedia:
Audio: PocketMusic 5.3.5 up to 1141k kBits/s (.wav) + Westone W4R canalphones, Video: Skinned Core Player MPEG 1 up to 8MBits/s
The Following User Says Thank You to kevinpwhite For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
chome, classic, titanium, toggle, wm6.5