Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,124 Members 45,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem installing official ROM

Tip us?

abdelaleem
Old
(Last edited by abdelaleem; 17th January 2010 at 01:34 PM.) Reason: entered some breaks to make more readable
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Problem installing official ROM

Hi all..
I'll get directly into the scenario..
HardSPLed (1.17) my HTC Snap device ->
installed [WM6.5 STD 21854][Build 3VO.2.50.112509] works perfectly but I wanted to get back to the original WM6.1 ->
went back to WM6.1 successfully, after a while the official WM6.5 ROM realesed by HTC ->
downloaded it ->
tried to install it, everything goes well till the upgrade indicator reaches 29% and hang for no reason and giving me a 262 error after a while!!! then I followed instructions to recover the upgrade process as shown in the upgrade application then it hangs again at point 29% giving me the same error!!!!
I tried many times the steps of recovering and the same thing happens.. I'm confirming that my usb cable is working good and Windows Mobile sync application works great.
So I decided to install the 3VO.2.50 version again since I had a dead device and surprisingly everything works fine with the cooked version..
Now the problem is I need to install the new HTC OFFICIAL ROM and I can't do this... i've followed many topics here that nearly the same my problem but there is nothing except the frustration now i stucked in the coocked ROM and can't install the official ROM nor getting back to the original WM6.1 version
Any help guys will be much appreciated ..
Thanx in advance..

sikkboy626
Old
Thanks Meter 1
See this thread, follow the directions of the last post.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=586827

raphaelc
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
I have had the same issue installing WM 6.5 official ROM from HTC on mine. I followed the recovery process around 6 or 7 times before succeeding. it's kind of frustrating, but it worked in the end.

abdelaleem
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for help..
After walkingthrough sikkboy626 link i was able to install the official WM6.5 ROM
But after the upgrade process ends successfully the device restarted and only shows a black screen with 'smart mobility' and at the down left of the screen there is a B G R D letters, beside each of them there are some kind of numbers (in orange color)
Then it just hangs !!!!
Any clue guys ???

raphaelc
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdelaleem View Post
Thanks for help..
After walkingthrough sikkboy626 link i was able to install the official WM6.5 ROM
But after the upgrade process ends successfully the device restarted and only shows a black screen with 'smart mobility' and at the down left of the screen there is a B G R D letters, beside each of them there are some kind of numbers (in orange color)
Then it just hangs !!!!
Any clue guys ???
that's the normal boot screen which indicates the radio version, rom version. just wait a few minutes for the phone to boot for the 1st time. if it still doesn't do anything, try re-flashing.

abdelaleem
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaelc View Post
if it still doesn't do anything, try re-flashing.
Tried everything with no success ... tried to hard reset and didn't work, tried to flashing also didn't work, gave me 260 error message 'cause it's not seeing the device, my computer also doesn't see the device... !!!!!!
I'm about to crash my snap

raphaelc
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Tried everything with no success ... tried to hard reset and didn't work, tried to flashing also didn't work, gave me 260 error message 'cause it's not seeing the device, my computer also doesn't see the device... !!!!!!
I'm about to crash my snap
this is really a common error when flashing the ROM. try doing the recovery process as indicated many many times until success.

abdelaleem
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaelc View Post
this is really a common error when flashing the ROM. try doing the recovery process as indicated many many times until success.
Can't flashing because the sync application nor pc seeing the device !!!!

raphaelc
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Can't flashing because the sync application nor pc seeing the device !!!!
in the recovery process, you don't need sync. read the documentation delivered with the ROM, they say how to recover.

abdelaleem
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes I know that i don't need sync in a recovery process.. i'm just proofing that the recovery/upgrade application doesn't see the device.. so i'm stuck here, i can't re-flash, i can't hard reset i can't do anything using my pc 'cause simply it doesn't know that the phone is connected to it...!!!!