Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,443 Members 50,811 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Next2Me 1.3 RC4 for download here

Tip us?
 
Nekronomekron
Old
(Last edited by Nekronomekron; 5th August 2010 at 12:38 PM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 88
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dingolfing
Default [APP] Next2Me 1.3 RC4 for download here

Hi @ll!

I recently released version 1.2 of my latest App "Next2Me" to the US Windows Marketplace.

Next2Me uses GPS and shows you all available businesses around you from over 30 categories. You can view the results on a map, show detailed information. You can also call the target business, send the detail information to your friends by Mail or SMS or save the business to your contact list all by only one click!

And here is the latest BETA version of the upcoming Next2Me 1.3.

[UPDATE]
You can now manually choose between miles and meters. And for all US and Candians, Next2Me is now searching for "Gas stations"

[UPDATE]
I changed the GPS code a bit because some users get an exception on some devices.

[UPDATE]
Again changed the GPS device detection.

[UPDATE 04/25/2010]
o RC1 released
o Next2Me languages: DE, EN, FR, NL
o A menu to tell Next2Me how to search for your GPS device (this will solve several issues, like the exception told by some users and the unwanted bluetooth dialog which is automatically poping up)

[UPDATE 04/27/2010]
o Next2Me now in IT (thanks to Spyrale)
o Beautiful new High-Res Icons for the menu (thanks to Saumaun)
o Limit the search radius (250m, 500m, 1000m, 1500m, all)

[UPDATE 04/28/2010]
o Fixed a language bug for the italian version

[UPDATE 05/01/2010]
o Updated language strings for NL, FR and IT


If there aren't any more suggestions or bugs, this version will be send to the Marketplace



So, have fun with Next2Me and send me your suggestions, critics, etc.


C YA @LL!

_________________

Do you like my work? To show me that, please donate to support my work so I can improve my software products.


This donation will support software development. With this donation a Windows Phone 7 device will be bought to be able to port and release my software products to this new platform.

Next2Me v1.3 The famouse Next2Me

http://www.consulting-reif.de - @ConsultingReif
Attached Files
File Type: cab Next2MeSetup.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (518.0 KB, 3198 views)
 
dalydose
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Feb 2008
Default Any non-marketplace download

Is this available anywhere besides the MS Marketplace? I don't want to have to install this to my internal memory.
 
bugsykoosh
Old
#3  
bugsykoosh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 727
Join Date: Jun 2007
I like the app: http://www.fuzemobility.com/learn-whats-next2me/
Any thoughts of using Google Location instead of GPS to speed things up? also, I don't see a way to email a location- just to SMS. Am I missing it? If it could pull the Google info that would be nice as well (such as type of restaurant, rating, etc). Overall I do like it though. Good luck with the project!
DavidK
of
 
acc49ers
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 235
Join Date: Nov 2008
great app so far but sometimes you cant get a gps fix or it can take awhile. would it be possible to use google location or Sleuth's myLocation Service here? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=607102. These might work better and they will almost always work and are much quicker than a gps fix.
 
arturobandini
Old
#5  
arturobandini's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 1,364
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Paris
Looks interesting. But please, could you kindly post it somewhere else than on the Marketplace.

No way I will go to the MarketPlace. I do not want to download any cab on the internal memory.

Thanks
 
Aqrab
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 972
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dubai , UAE
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturobandini View Post
Looks interesting. But please, could you kindly post it somewhere else than on the Marketplace.

No way I will go to the MarketPlace. I do not want to download any cab on the internal memory.

Thanks
yeah same here

please upload it somewhere else
 
steve76063
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekronomekron View Post
Hi @ll!

I recently released version 1.0 of my latest App "Next2Me" to the Windows Marketplace...
From what I've seen, this app has a lot of promise, but I have had a problem...
On my Tilt2, whenever I look for something with Next2Me, I get a message "Invalid GPS Signal..." or "No GPS Device found.". But, if I start up Google Maps first, and let it get my GPS position and then start up Next2Me, it works just fine. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Also, if it could toggle between km and miles, it'd help for us Americans who won't join the rest of the world in using km's

One more suggestion for future updates...if we could set the # of hits returned or better yet, if we could specify a 'radius' to search it'd make the app even more user friendly.

Thanks for the work and keep it up
 
Nekronomekron
Old
#8  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 88
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dingolfing
Hi @ll

Thanks for your critics and suggestions. So here we go:
Quote:
From what I've seen, this app has a lot of promise, but I have had a problem...
On my Tilt2, whenever I look for something with Next2Me, I get a message "Invalid GPS Signal..." or "No GPS Device found.". But, if I start up Google Maps first, and let it get my GPS position and then start up Next2Me, it works just fine. Any thoughts/suggestions?
Hm, that's a GPS-Problem under Windows. You can use QuickGPS to improve the lock-time, but that doesn't always work.

Quote:
Also, if it could toggle between km and miles, it'd help for us Americans who won't join the rest of the world in using km's

One more suggestion for future updates...if we could set the # of hits returned or better yet, if we could specify a 'radius' to search it'd make the app even more user friendly.
Yeah, I am already aware of the "km/miles"-Bug ... this will be fixed in the next version, of course.
Your suggestion with the amount of hits returned or the search radius is very good and will be proofed.

Quote:
great app so far but sometimes you cant get a gps fix or it can take awhile. would it be possible to use google location or Sleuth's myLocation Service here? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=607102. These might work better and they will almost always work and are much quicker than a gps fix.
Yeah, that would be a solution to use the location service using the Google Location. I can implement support for the myLocation service of Sleuth, but I would prefer to implement the location service into Next2Me, so that there is no need for the user to install another application to use Next2Me. Are there any specifications or source code snippets how to use the Google Location service under Windows Mobile?

Quote:
I don't see a way to email a location- just to SMS. Am I missing it? If it could pull the Google info that would be nice as well (such as type of restaurant, rating, etc). Overall I do like it though. Good luck with the project!
Next2Me checks your Mobile Outlook on you cell phone, if there's an E-Mail account available. This e-mail account will be used to send the email with the location service. The button for sending an e-mail will only be shown if there's an email account set up in your Windows Mobile.

Hope this helps!

C YA @LL - Nuker
 
Aqrab
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 972
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dubai , UAE
im using the Next2Me form the first day it has been released in marketplace
i think its 1.0

works great in my hd2
 
Nekronomekron
Old
#10  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 88
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dingolfing
Good to hear that ... I don't know the exact cause of the problem, but strangewise the GPS-Stream is on most of the HD2 different to rest of the world's mobile phones ... and on some not, like yours.

C YA

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...