Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,888 Members 36,901 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you like the current font?
Yes - I use 240x320 926 74.92%
No - I use 240x320 106 8.58%
Yes - I use 320x480 170 13.75%
No - I use 320x480 34 2.75%
Voters: 1236. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM] Mynís Warm Donut - [RLS 5 - 04/24/2010] - Added Odexed version 06/27

Tip us?

kkp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi there,
thanks for such a good information..

i ahev tried this but im able to get the menu where i can select to install and its going through the steps as formatting... but nothing installs on my one... can you let me know if i have missed anythihg,

Classic SQSH method:

1. Download SQSH package
2. Backup! than, clear whatever "android" stuff you have from sdcard (I dont want it to get caught up in the install) especially your android folder
3. Extract contents of downloaded zip to temporary directory
4. Copy extracted /Android folder to the ROOT of your SDCard
5. Run HaRET, than hit ďrunĒ to launch android
once copied to sd card its as below
1. /sdcard/android
2. then clicn on haret > [where the default.txt is selected (240*320)] run

guerchele
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi Min,

Installed RLS5 on my tytn, but audio and camera do not work. Do you believe it might be related to keeping original (old) HardSPL and radio?

Cheers.

jaypmcwilliams
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Odexed question

This is probably a REALLY dumb question, but what does Odexed actually mean?

dzo
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,661

DONATE TO ME
Optimized dalvik executable...

inor0276
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default help

I am trying to run android from sd card by following the instruction from the beginning of the post. After the start at one point it gets stuck and says system.img file missing or cannot find system.img , can anyone point me out towards this file. I am triying to install it on my kaiser. Any help and instruction will be appreciated. Thank you.

jaypmcwilliams
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzo View Post
Optimized dalvik executable...
Thank You. I guess what I meant was what was it's purpose? I do & use a lot of UBUNTU / LINSPIRE / OPENSUSE commands & get lost in translation.

dzo
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,661

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypmcwilliams View Post
Thank You. I guess what I meant was what was it's purpose? I do & use a lot of UBUNTU / LINSPIRE / OPENSUSE commands & get lost in translation.
An explanation of odexing is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=694597

jaypmcwilliams
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzo View Post
Thank You VERY much..... It's the same as pre-cache programs for java in ubuntu. TY again. Jay

jaypmcwilliams
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default USB SD Data

I was reading other threads & found that if you SOFT RESET phone. Use D-PAD into install menu. SELECT "START RECOVERY MODE" > OK > QUIT. When the phone reboots, you can plug in USB & access files on SD WITHOUT MOUNT/UNMOUNT. But it's a ONE TIME use every boot. The USB programs from market just unmount SD & NO connection to PC & it DOESN'T REMOUNT my SD card. How do I use the above "START RECOVERY MODE" process IN Android? What's the command? I believe I can use this command into an app. It's GREAT because that process lets you & the PC access the files with NO mount/unmount. Pls hlp. Jay

houlejeffery
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by inor0276 View Post
I am trying to run android from sd card by following the instruction from the beginning of the post. After the start at one point it gets stuck and says system.img file missing or cannot find system.img , can anyone point me out towards this file. I am triying to install it on my kaiser. Any help and instruction will be appreciated. Thank you.
you have to either put all of the android files at the root of your storage card or in a folder named android.. I'm not sure which one it is, so just try each method and see what works for you. That used to throw me off too when I loaded android via the SQSH method. You should just load android via andboot. It's so much easier and you can use what ever android build you want.