Here is the new version of the rail departures application.
You can download it from:
The version is: 2.0.375437679 (26/04/2010)
The changes since the last beta:
- Hardware back key can be used to move to previous screen
- It is possible to slide through the home screen and journey picker
- SD card installation is supported
- Text the speech issue fixed
Overall changes since the original version release on January:
- A better user interface framework
- Gesture support
- Station list can be sorted by distance to your current location (cell id)
- Text to speech alarm for the destination (10 minutes before the latest arrival time. This is an experimental feature and suggestions are welcome)
- Server based settings backup / restore
- Arrival/Departure viewer
- Service progress viewer (interpolated train location)
- Free registration required
Screenhots and guide is currently not available and I will try to update this post as soon as I have time.
This is still a beta software and there are some outstanding issues that have been reported by beta testers. The current ptiority is to clear outstanding issues, improve stability and usability and relase this version.
Once it is relased, work on the next relase will commence and missing functionality such as indirect routes and journey planning will be added.
Please feel free to report anny issues you face.
- Registration email address can contain underscore
- Password input boxes are updated to disable predictive text input. Thanks to mb for pointing out
- Occasional crash issue when using back button is fixed.
- Location code had a minor update. Thos who experience issues with location should give this version a try.
- Installer is updated to avoid unnecessary sub-folder creation.
- Arrival Departures
- Moving between arrival / departure modes will trigger auto refresh
- Selecting a different station will clear the list
- Crash issue on some devices at launch fixed.
In certain roms / devices, the code to handle hardware back button was causing a crash.
This issue has been fixed and available from the same link as usual.
Please take a backup using Settings -> Backup option before installing the new version.
The application is submitted to Omarket.
It is the same version as the link above.
The public API this application uses might be blocked soon.
Please sign your interest at Public Sector Information Unlocking Service to keep the data open:
Right now there are 169 votes there. Also, it seems like eventually this data will be public.
Hopefully, with people's attenttion it will happen sooner than later.
The new version is out with the following improvements:
- Limited indirect journey support: If there are no direct options, indirect routes will be returned.
- Faster downloads compared to previous test versions for indirect journeys
- For indirect journeys, maximum number of results option was being ignored. This is fixed and now you can improve the speed by reducing number of results to be returned.
30/11/2010 Build: 2.0.3986.37797
- Fixed connection count for direct journeys
- Added service updates link to display delays and notices
- Platform information is displayed correctly id it is available
- Disabled arrival / departures for now
- Fixed crash issue when attempting to see service details.