Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

How do i apply themes?

OP kalpa11

19th January 2010, 08:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

56 posts
More
I know im really stupid for asking this and im a noob. Im new to this community but i just wanted to know how do i apply themes and stuff? cuz i rooted my mt3g by downgrading to cupcake then oneclick flashing the ra recovery and then now im using the Eclair 2.1 Rom for 32B cuz thats what i have and i noticed there are themes that i can download on there but i dont know how to. I used to have an iphone and i used an app called winterboard to apply themes that i downloaded. so yeah if you can help me out thanks
19th January 2010, 02:05 PM   |  #2  
Flag Stocholm

127 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpa11

I know im really stupid for asking this and im a noob. Im new to this community but i just wanted to know how do i apply themes and stuff? cuz i rooted my mt3g by downgrading to cupcake then oneclick flashing the ra recovery and then now im using the Eclair 2.1 Rom for 32B cuz thats what i have and i noticed there are themes that i can download on there but i dont know how to. I used to have an iphone and i used an app called winterboard to apply themes that i downloaded. so yeah if you can help me out thanks

You apply themes as you would install a ROM: name the theme "update.zip" and apply it in recovery mode.
20th January 2010, 05:32 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

56 posts
More
oohhh thanks and uh how do i remove the theme?
20th January 2010, 07:59 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

56 posts
More
oh nvm i found out that i cant uninstall but im gonna have to wipe and rerom the phone. hmm but if i nandroid backup it can't i just restore?
21st January 2010, 01:57 PM   |  #5  

7 posts
Smile
yes you can restore, assuming you did the backup before applying the theme
12th June 2010, 10:49 AM   |  #6  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Detroit, Mi
Thanks Meter: 1,124

5,455 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm going to go ahead and close this now since the question was answered and this thread hasn't been updated in several months.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
themes
Previous Thread Next Thread