Thanks Meter 99
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego, California
Originally Posted by championc
Where would I find an .nbh file for the KAIS-130 (UK Tytn II - V1615) ?
It is good to explore old threads for answers to questions. The problem is that sometimes the answers you find are outdated. This is a good example. The link takes me to a folder where someone has uploaded a kernel with many different variants, for different screen resolutions (320, 428, 480), different screen hardware types (1, 2, 3), and a different keyboard type. This is obsolete for two reasons. First, atools
is a fine editor that lets you edit a single kernel file to match whatever you want. Second, we have newer kernels. The newest is the separate cache
If somebody reads this post six months from now, you will probably still be happy with atools, although it might be a newer version, but you should search to be sure that you have the newest non-experimental kernel. We do like to experiment, so be sure you get something that people have reported to be good. Whatever kernel you use, be sure to get the matching drivers, usually packaged as an androidupdate.tgz (or .tar) file.
What ROM is best? That varies with personal preference.
My Devices, newest to oldest:
* TV box: Rikomagic MK802 IV; stock (Android 4.2.2)
* TV box: Rikomagic MK802+; Uberoid (Android 4.0.2)
* Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Maguro/GSM); stock (Android 4.3) w/ Fancy Kernel
* Tablet: Motorola Xoom; stock (Android 4.1.2)
* Phone: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium) [dead] Android 2.3
* Phone: HTC Kaiser; Android 2.2 "Fresh Froyo"
* Phone: HTC Wizard; WM6.1 Ham3r H3r7