Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,782 Members 45,140 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SMS timestamp

Tip us?

motherconfessor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question SMS timestamp

Hi all. So I have an unlocked Tattoo which I created a goldcard and successfully flashed thanks to the excellent advice from people on this forum.

However, there is one thing that frustrates me about it. And that is the timestamp on SMS messages. There is an update for the HTC Magic which solves this problem but I have been unable to find one for the Tattoo. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks!!

yash08
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Whats wrong with your timestamp?

Coburn64
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by motherconfessor View Post
Hi all. So I have an unlocked Tattoo which I created a goldcard and successfully flashed thanks to the excellent advice from people on this forum.

However, there is one thing that frustrates me about it. And that is the timestamp on SMS messages. There is an update for the HTC Magic which solves this problem but I have been unable to find one for the Tattoo. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks!!
without further info, we can't confirm this issue, it could just be your software revision loaded on the device...
This is the Coburn.
I'm a AzusaROM Developer, Helper, Programmer, Server Administrator, and general nice guy.
Twitter: coburn64 :: Blog: Geek In The Family :: Buy me a coffee! :: Visit Coburn's Domain!
Current Phones: Samsung SGH-E900, Motorola Droid (CDMA), Motorola Milestone (GSM version of Droid)
Current Project: DroidNet - Wifi Internet Tablet using Moto Droid.

motherconfessor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Whenever I get an incoming text the timestamp says it is 4 hours earlier than the time I received it. Yet my sent texts have the right timestamp, so my thread is all messed up. All my received texts are at the top and all my sent texts are at the bottom.

I am not sure what details you want but my software version is 1.67.4 on the Rogers network.

yash08
Old
Thanks Meter 0
What I have been experiencing is that it seems like the incoming timestamp is set somehow by the sender's carrier. Im saying that because I usually receive texts from people on 3 different carriers and only one of them has this problem. So I do not really bother about it.

sheik_yerbouti
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by yash08 View Post
What I have been experiencing is that it seems like the incoming timestamp is set somehow by the sender's carrier. Im saying that because I usually receive texts from people on 3 different carriers and only one of them has this problem. So I do not really bother about it.
True true. I've noticed the same. It seems like a problem with the senders operator not setting the correct time.
LG Nexus 4: AOKP
Galaxy Nexus: About to be sold
Acer Iconia Tab A500: completely stock.
HTC Desire: Sold!
HTC Tattoo: donated to a friend.

XDA PORTAL POSTS

Slate Calendar Helps You Organize Your Life

Without calendars in some form or another, most of our lives would be utter chaos. Unless you are … more

Shane Francis to Talk Android, Robotics, and Vision at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of … more

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more

Benchmark Your CPU Performance with Mini CPU Integer Script

When it comes to device testing, there are two types of people on XDA. The first … more