XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

SMS timestamp

OP motherconfessor

20th January 2010, 06:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hi all. So I have an unlocked Tattoo which I created a goldcard and successfully flashed thanks to the excellent advice from people on this forum.

However, there is one thing that frustrates me about it. And that is the timestamp on SMS messages. There is an update for the HTC Magic which solves this problem but I have been unable to find one for the Tattoo. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks!!
20th January 2010, 07:43 PM   |  #2  

113 posts
More
Whats wrong with your timestamp?
20th January 2010, 11:27 PM   |  #3  
Flag Boonah
Thanks Meter: 3

387 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by motherconfessor

Hi all. So I have an unlocked Tattoo which I created a goldcard and successfully flashed thanks to the excellent advice from people on this forum.

However, there is one thing that frustrates me about it. And that is the timestamp on SMS messages. There is an update for the HTC Magic which solves this problem but I have been unable to find one for the Tattoo. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks!!

without further info, we can't confirm this issue, it could just be your software revision loaded on the device...
20th January 2010, 11:50 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Whenever I get an incoming text the timestamp says it is 4 hours earlier than the time I received it. Yet my sent texts have the right timestamp, so my thread is all messed up. All my received texts are at the top and all my sent texts are at the bottom.

I am not sure what details you want but my software version is 1.67.4 on the Rogers network.
21st January 2010, 02:18 AM   |  #5  

113 posts
More
What I have been experiencing is that it seems like the incoming timestamp is set somehow by the sender's carrier. Im saying that because I usually receive texts from people on 3 different carriers and only one of them has this problem. So I do not really bother about it.
21st January 2010, 12:46 PM   |  #6  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 19

391 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yash08

What I have been experiencing is that it seems like the incoming timestamp is set somehow by the sender's carrier. Im saying that because I usually receive texts from people on 3 different carriers and only one of them has this problem. So I do not really bother about it.

True true. I've noticed the same. It seems like a problem with the senders operator not setting the correct time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread