backing up current rom and couple other noob questions...

21st January 2010, 04:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

57 posts
alright guys and girls... i just got the touch pro 2 yesterday. its on WM6.1 and i like it, but thinking to upgrade to a cooked rom.

I would like to back-up my current rom for just in case. plus i like my settings right now becuase i get full 3g with my tzones package .... how can i go about backing up my current rom?

also in yalls personal experience whats the best cooked rom out there?

also could i get weather to show on my today screen with my current WM6.1 running touchflo 3d 2.1?

any other cool stuff/tips/tricks for this phone i should know about?

thanks in advance!

p.s. anyone in houston/texas, what radio version are you using with tmobile for best service/battery life? i only get about 1/2 bars of 3g service in my apt..
21st January 2010, 01:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 55

870 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vim0314

I would like to back-up my current rom for just in case. plus i like my settings right now becuase i get full 3g with my tzones package .... how can i go about backing up my current rom?

I would use SPB Backup. It will backup all your contacts, settings, programs, etc... It even will allow you to restore all this when you upgrade to different roms. There is a setting for Rom upgrade mode.

Quote:

also in yalls personal experience whats the best cooked rom out there?

Can't really say there is one rom that is better than the rest. You are just going to have to see which is best for you. Personally, I've tried Energy rom, Valkyrie, Josh's perfect black, athine, itje's, and a few others, but they all had there ups and downs. sense 2.1 is the fastest out there though, and the most stable. The 2.5 is pretty cool, but too slow for my taste.

Quote:

any other cool stuff/tips/tricks for this phone i should know about?

Yeah, check these threads out.
Software
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=550973

Cab's, Tweaks,etc
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=524655

Also do a search for MaxTTM and HDWalls. HDWalls is used to make highdef background cabs, and maxttm has several graphic tweak options.
21st January 2010, 04:47 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

57 posts
thank you! anything like SPB that is free thou? does SPB make a rom file so i can just flash my phone with it incase i want to go back?

I've had my eye on the
|R|6.5.3|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Phoenix 2" 23518/21889 ★Jan 16★ Sense 2.1/Titanium ★
and thinking ill probably try it out soon....

what does the WWE stand for?
Last edited by vim0314; 21st January 2010 at 04:55 PM.
21st January 2010, 04:58 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

221 posts
More
World Wide English.

SPB backups will not back up your rom per se I dont think. They will back up all the stuff that you put on your rom since you got the phone though.

There is a way to back up the stock rom but it involves some specialized tools that are available in the rom section. To restore your phone to what it is today after installing a cooked rom you would have to flash back the factory rom then restore your backup from SPB or sprite.
21st January 2010, 05:33 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

57 posts
^^^ Thanks!!!

Downloading EnergyROM "Phoenix 2" right now...

gonna do some researching in the rom section to try and find away to backup my full rom. because i really love the fact of having full 3g internet with only my tzones package... hopefully someone can chime in about backing up my rom.
21st January 2010, 07:21 PM   |  #6  
Flag Atlanta

870 posts
More
Quote:

^^^ Thanks!!!

Downloading EnergyROM "Phoenix 2" right now...

gonna do some researching in the rom section to try and find away to backup my full rom. because i really love the fact of having full 3g internet with only my tzones package... hopefully someone can chime in about backing up my rom.

SPB Backup will only backup your programs, data, music, etc, but NOT the rom itself. Really, all you need to do is backup your data, and that way, you can just reload the default rom if you need to, then restore your data after that.

SPB is not free though....Microsoft has a free program that also works well called myphone.

Oh, and btw, I just flashed that same Rom (EnergyROM Phoenix 2) and lovin it.
21st January 2010, 07:29 PM   |  #7  
Flag Atlanta

870 posts
More
Backup of Rom...
Did a little searching, and did come across this. I personally haven't tried it, but it sounds like it should work.

Check this out...
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...kupExistingRom
Last edited by dougstoner; 21st January 2010 at 07:32 PM.
21st January 2010, 09:23 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

57 posts
Thanks for that info... that is only for the HTC Magician. but maybe it'll work for the touch pro 2...

i'm at school so i cant flash the energyrom phoenix right now, but will flash it when i go home.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread