Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 44,407 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Closed...
Enough Data 0 0%
Enough Data 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

[1/28] UPDATE! Custom Cooked Rom Remix Compilation (Lighter Versions)

Tip us?

GSLEON3
Old
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 1,322

DONATE TO ME
I have never used ARK's roms. I will definitely give it a look. The culmination of all of these roms (& I plan on modding at least a dozen) will be to finally cook a public rom from scratch using the information gleamed from the modding of the existing cooked roms. Take the best of all & hopefully voila...A solid performer will be born.

I have always cooked my own roms. Just never cooked for public as my job took up too much time to support a public rom. I usually would share my betas with a few of my mod buddies, but that's it. Being as I am currently unemployed, well...let's just say I have a bit of time & a few sleepless nights.

Rhodium has changed, XDA has changed & is now like a high school full of cliques. Everyone think they can protect their roms, very few really can though if you know how to read & have been doing so sinc emy old PPC 2002 & Blue Angel days. We have gone fromk a development site to a "look at me & pay me" site. The funny thing is most chef's these days (Not all, so don't get sand in your panties) wouldn't be able to do diddley squat if the elders such as itsme, BuzzLightyear, Mennisys, Jocky, Dutty, Ervius, bepe, etc... had this same "mine, mine, mine" attiutde back in the day.

EVen in Kaiser, yo had Sleuth & yes, even Dutty providing OEMS & kitchen folders for noobies. The Rhodium section is seriously lagging in these areas now. DA_G is a good example in the power of sharing.

Anyway, I digress. Let's just learn together & have a little fun.
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology:

Polimac
Old
Thanks Meter 0
but why not 23518
and faster sense 2.1

when will be that done

kimtyson
Old
(Last edited by kimtyson; 23rd January 2010 at 03:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 538
GSLEON3-
I could not agree more with your statements and your observations of where XDA seems to be going, at least in the Rhodium forum. I also rememeber the good old days and all of those truely great chefs that you mentioned. It was a different philosopy then. It seems everyone now has a Paypal link so we can buy them a beer. Even people with nothing to offer are putting give me money links in their sigs. But now I digress.
Please keep up the good fight. I know you will have many followers.

Edit: I neglected to mention this when I posted. If you don't know who he is, Alltheway is a God on this site. It appears that GSLEON3 has his support. This is fantastic news for us all. Welcome Alltheway and thank you, too.
Please use search before posting your question.
Be kind to the devs! Without them, XDA is just a bunch of jerks bickering.

kimtyson
Old
(Last edited by kimtyson; 24th January 2010 at 01:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 538
I am unable to download. Am I being impatient? I tried both files from your links but the free version of RS is too busy. I have a Premium account I can use but that only gives me a 7kb file. Please advise. Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind. Finally able to get it later today.

Polimac
Old
Thanks Meter 0
English is not my native language I'm not demanding anything i just want to give suggestion
for me wm6.5.5 is way better for use that 6.5 but i know that is too buggy still
now flashing my phone with your rom
i will post pros and cons after few days of using
Thanks a lot

Ibster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimtyson View Post
GSLEON3-
I could not agree more with your statements and your observations of where XDA seems to be going, at least in the Rhodium forum. I also rememeber the good old days and all of those truely great chefs that you mentioned. It was a different philosopy then. It seems everyone now has a Paypal link so we can buy them a beer. Even people with nothing to offer are putting give me money links in their sigs. But now I digress.
Please keep up the good fight. I know you will have many followers.

Edit: I neglected to mention this when I posted. If you don't know who he is, Alltheway is a God on this site. It appears that GSLEON3 has his support. This is fantastic news for us all. Welcome Alltheway and thank you, too.

I'm not trying to attack your opinion but I would like to add, that what you have described is a normal well known human phenomen. There is nothing about it that deserves critisizm.

People who founded XDA-Developers were united by enthusiasm and passion for technology. Therefore they're pioneers and were driven by "ideals".
Their attitude stimulated reality and made manufacturers understand what people expect from them, so today we have greater technology and it's impressive usability for dayly lives.

What is going on here today is that people are no more driven together by the passion for technology and enthusiasm but by their "expensive status symbols". I think also iPhone is responsible for that kinda development. It is obvious Pocket PC flourish came shortly after iphone was introduced.

Before that Pocket PC was prerogative of businesmen who happened to want to have "semi-computer" experience i.e. be able lookup their appointments and make phone calls in a different way than the mojaroity does.

The "freaks" like xda founders were driven instead by ideas and possibilities the technology they thought can offer for "humanity" :)

Now these times are obviously over. People explore xda not for the "original" reasons but out of curiousity - TOUCHSCREEN TECHNOLOGY FASHION!

In this case it would be pretty damn "stupid" not to suggest donations for hard work you do to sutisfy somebody's curiousity!!!!!

So please do not attack those who decide to do so. Donation is a D O N A T I O N!!!! I haven't seen anyone forcing me to donation. It's up to decide who I donate to and if I decide to do so, then it is my decision and not the chefs or developers.

Good luck to all! Peace!

Ibster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3 View Post
I have never used ARK's roms. I will definitely give it a look. The culmination of all of these roms (& I plan on modding at least a dozen) will be to finally cook a public rom from scratch using the information gleamed from the modding of the existing cooked roms. Take the best of all & hopefully voila...A solid performer will be born.

I have always cooked my own roms. Just never cooked for public as my job took up too much time to support a public rom. I usually would share my betas with a few of my mod buddies, but that's it. Being as I am currently unemployed, well...let's just say I have a bit of time & a few sleepless nights.

Rhodium has changed, XDA has changed & is now like a high school full of cliques. Everyone think they can protect their roms, very few really can though if you know how to read & have been doing so sinc emy old PPC 2002 & Blue Angel days. We have gone fromk a development site to a "look at me & pay me" site. The funny thing is most chef's these days (Not all, so don't get sand in your panties) wouldn't be able to do diddley squat if the elders such as itsme, BuzzLightyear, Mennisys, Jocky, Dutty, Ervius, bepe, etc... had this same "mine, mine, mine" attiutde back in the day.

EVen in Kaiser, yo had Sleuth & yes, even Dutty providing OEMS & kitchen folders for noobies. The Rhodium section is seriously lagging in these areas now. DA_G is a good example in the power of sharing.

Anyway, I digress. Let's just learn together & have a little fun.
Please take a look into Ark's latest ROMs!!!

He might be new in the "cooking business" if you haven't met him before but he does really a great job.

As I understood from your concept presentation in the 1st post that you want to make a light ROM(s) to give this community speed, stability and INDEPENDENCE with their devices.
INDEPENDENCE is a keyword that alertet me and made me reply.
I'm not questioning the quality of ches work here and their capability. But I do feel confronted with the personal taste in many ROMs in terms of their optics. Of course lot of it is not a big deal for many, for you can change things to your own taste. The issue here is though, that during readjusting a ROM a lot of things go wrong and ROMs become unuseable. I agree has probably to do with illeteracy of many, like myself. That's why I like the idea very much to have "BASICS" so that I can change some things without destroyng some other things in the ROM.

As I said Ark's ROM is nice in terms of looks that it makes you feel you have a stock ROM which you can modify or adjust to your current mood or taste.

It would be nice if you could integrate that concept in your work.

Thank you and good luck!

kimtyson
Old
Thanks Meter 538
Pretty nice ROM. Still not quite as lite as I 'd like. It seems fast and stable for the short time that I tested it.

AllTheWay
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 80
Default Screenshots

Anybody have some screen shots of the ROM?
Current Devices

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | LG G2 | Nokia Lumia 1520
Samsung Galaxy Note II | Nokia Lumia 920
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 | ASUS Vivo RT LTE
Samsung Galaxy Nexus

What is XDA-DEVS
RULES: Please read this before posting

Ut0p1a
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Default Here you go

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheWay View Post
Anybody have some screen shots of the ROM?
Per your request. Here are the screen shots. (I have contacts photos connected with facebook, therefore, my free program is low (45 mb))
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pc_capture6.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	271797   Click image for larger version

Name:	pc_capture2.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	271798   Click image for larger version

Name:	pc_capture3.jpg
Views:	39