5,596,235 Members 35,767 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Titanium Backup ?

Tip us?

macruadhi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Backup exists, I can't restore

Hi, I'm using a Vibrant, with Bionix Nextgen V2. I just restored my phone to factory settings, formatted internal SD, then copied my backup folder, along with my license to sd root, then flashed Bionix as I've done at least half a dozen times before. Titanium sees all of my backups, but refuses to restore any of them. I've read this entire thread, made sure all the settings are correct, pointed titanium at the correct folder, upgraded superuser, busybox (on the older version) and I can't get anything to work. I am fairly sure the apps are actually there, the titaniumbackup folder is 502 mb.

joel.bourquard
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 80

DONATE TO ME
Hi macruadhi,

When you say TB refuses to restore any of your backups, what do you mean exactly? Does the "restore" button not appear when you click on a backup? Do you see the correct icons for every app in the list?

macruadhi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The apps that are not installed have the typical line through them, the names are com.appdeveloper.appname. When I try to manually restore an app, I only have the option to delete the backup. And no icons are shown on those that are unrestorable.

joel.bourquard
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 80

DONATE TO ME
You seem to be a long-time user so perhaps my question is stupid - but are you sure these aren't data-only backups? Also if no icon appears it's definitely not normal. I'd recommend that you report this to support --at-- titaniumtrack.com and include a screen shot if possible...

vil-2
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Hi,
I can't install my pro version after a wipe.
I hve a notification by Tb saying there is a problem w ith my license and asking for a check of my order.
The app stays on free version of course. I tried To reinstall, reboot, check wiki... nothing worked. That's weird because My previous flashes and wipes did not triggered Such bugs...

Any tips, someone?

eezdva
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I have one question. It backsup and restores great.

Just one question . Once restored. I can't update an app in the android market???

concreteman
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Msg for Joel

Hey Joel - paid for pro a few days ago via paypal - still waiting for Pro key.
Please PM me or reply to my e-mail i sent you.
My SmartPhone History | PDA2K (Imate made by HTC) | TYTN II | HD2 (x 2) | Xperia X10 | Desire HD (x 2) | Sensation z710e | Sensation z710a x 2 |Asus Transformer Prime | Galaxy Note II 4.3 with Note 3 apps | Note 10.1 2014 (stock for now)

joel.bourquard
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 80

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteman View Post
Hey Joel - paid for pro a few days ago via paypal - still waiting for Pro key.
Please PM me or reply to my e-mail i sent you.
Hi,
If you haven't received anything it's most probably a spam filtering issue. In that case please send an e-mail directly from the contact information shown on the Market. Thanks!

efbld2f
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I know you probably get bombarded with help requests being the dev and all, so I won't hold it against you if you never see this. Basically, my phone is thoroughly stuck at the white HTC screen and factory wipe, Titanium backup, etc. isn't allowing me to get past it. Does Titanium support importing a new update.zip from elsewhere (web, etc.)? I have searched a lot and found no reference to doing this. If you need any more data or info, please let me know. Inc2.

joel.bourquard
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 80

DONATE TO ME
Hi,
If you have the ClockworkMod recovery, you'll be able to wipe the data from the recovery menu. In case you don't, you might be able to connect with "adb logcat" from a computer during the boot sequence to see what's wrong. Once you saw which app is misbehaving (let's say its package name is "com.x.y"), you should try:

adb shell
su
rm -rf /data/data/com.x.y

Be careful with the last command because if typed incorrectly, it could erase everything on your phone including the SD card.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joel.bourquard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]