Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,727 Members 52,067 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[VGA/WVGA][EXT/CAB] Ezinput CHT 2.1 (Traditional Chinese + English)

Tip us?
 
ngn4
Old
(Last edited by ngn4; 3rd February 2010 at 07:21 PM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 18
Join Date: Oct 2008
Default [VGA/WVGA][EXT/CAB] Ezinput CHT 2.1 (Traditional Chinese + English)

HTC's Traditional Chinese Ezinput 2.1 for diamond/diamond2 and possibly others

Completed and tested, zhuyin pinyin cangjie english stroke and handwriting all working. also word choice list and contact selection list.



more: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=12 (Thanks to BB88)

Known issues:
ezinput settings is not resized for vga landscape.
possible issue uninstalling (please back up before trying to uninstall)
tutorial is removed (to reduce size)
possible issue installing over western ezinput 2.1

If you have issues not here, please ask in forum.
I do not know enough to fix any issues, but i support anyone who want to edit my files, just please share your work.

Thanks to:
SOHKis for helping me correct images in dll
BB88 for continued interest and testing

Downloads:
EXT:
VGA: http://www.badongo.com/file/19939544
WVGA: http://www.badongo.com/file/20115555
important: when you include this package remove both IME western engine and input EXT packages from your rom.

CAB:
VGA: http://www.badongo.com/file/20080000
VGA mirror: http://www.rayfile.com/files/9075666...-0015c55db73d/
WVGA: http://www.badongo.com/file/20115503
WVGA mirror: http://www.rayfile.com/files/856ac54...-0015c55db73d/
important: This cab can be installed over IME western or on rom without ezinput but needs to have these packages: HTCFramework, Shared Modules, SharedResource. your rom also needs a chinese font.

tested on Gen.Y R5.3 if you use on another rom please reply with your results

enjoy~
 
BB88
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 585
Join Date: Jan 2009
I hope someone can help creating the full cab. Thanks ngn4 for the files.
 
Leies
Old
#3  
Leies's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 52
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: HK
does it support WVGA ?
 
BB88
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 585
Join Date: Jan 2009
ngn4, you can try to use this utility to create cab and registry:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=400221
 
lancewu
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Sep 2009
ngn4,

Can it support QVGA?
or Can you show me how to resize and maybe I can try to do a QVGA one.

Thanks!!
 
OCedHrt
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 648
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Jose
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngn4 View Post

full CAB: sorry i dont know how>_<
when i try it will not create registries right. this is my last test badongo.com/file/19942119 however is not working. if anyone knows how and would like to make a cab from the ext, i support you. if you try you should observe there are more files and registries in this test cab.

enjoy~
I have tried to create full cab before as well and have not gotten it to work. I don't think the cab is installing completely. Right now it looks like once the IME Western is installed, the CHT one cannot be installed? However, in HK CSL ROM, both Western and CHT are present.
 
ngn4
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 18
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCedHrt View Post
I have tried to create full cab before as well and have not gotten it to work. I don't think the cab is installing completely. Right now it looks like once the IME Western is installed, the CHT one cannot be installed? However, in HK CSL ROM, both Western and CHT are present.
I am very very close to getting it working, including install on rom with IME western. but only tested on Gen.Y R5.3, need more time to test but will release first version very soon.

i didnt know CSL's diamond2 has both but fk now im jealous =.="

for other sizes.
WVGA: just use the standard packages from htc, no need for my cab.

QVGA: maybe not possible, keyboard can be made smaller, but word choice list and contact selection list probably not so. i saw a ezinput 2.0 resize for qvga but had same problem, but maybe you can try anyways.
 
OCedHrt
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 648
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Jose
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngn4 View Post
I am very very close to getting it working, including install on rom with IME western. but only tested on Gen.Y R5.3, need more time to test but will release first version very soon.

i didnt know CSL's diamond2 has both but fk now im jealous =.="

for other sizes.
WVGA: just use the standard packages from htc, no need for my cab.

QVGA: maybe not possible, keyboard can be made smaller, but word choice list and contact selection list probably not so. i saw a ezinput 2.0 resize for qvga but had same problem, but maybe you can try anyways.
I am trying to get a cab to install on a WWE cooked rom. HK CSL is a WWE with CHT input. Best of both worlds
 
ngn4
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 18
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCedHrt View Post
I am trying to get a cab to install on a WWE cooked rom. HK CSL is a WWE with CHT input. Best of both worlds
cab is ready now, almost as good as a new diamond2 =P
 
winderp
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 48
Join Date: Jul 2008
I cannt dowload it

"The requested URL is not supported"

why?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Android App Review: Control Your Phone with Quick Control Panel – XDA Developer TV

Your Android smart device has many features that you … more

Play Music on Android Wear with Stellio Music Player

Android Wear smartwatchesare growing inpopularity every day. Some devices have already … more

Schedule is up for xda:devcon ’14

With xda:devcon ’14 just around the corner, and the venue close to selling out, there is a lot … more

aLogcat Returns Thanks to XDA Love

The developers of Android, that is Google, gave users several great debugging tools that can be used in … more