MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

*********** HOW TO: Cooking my OWN ROMz ***********

24th January 2010, 04:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

47 posts
Im looking to cook and customize my own ROMS can anyone point me in the right direction to get me started Programs, tools ect.. I understand cooking is not for everyone and i am going forward with it at my own risk THANK YOU
24th January 2010, 06:51 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

47 posts
Originally Posted by dannyboi2222

Im looking to cook and customize my own ROMS can anyone point me in the right direction to get me started Programs, tools ect.. I understand cooking is not for everyone and i am going forward with it at my own risk THANK YOU

i TURNED UP SOME REAL USUFULL INFO IN THIS THREAD, FOLLOW IT AND IT TELLS ALL
24th January 2010, 07:07 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

47 posts
Post 411
Quote:

i TURNED UP SOME REAL USUFULL INFO IN THIS THREAD, FOLLOW IT AND IT TELLS ALL COPY N PASTE forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104496
24th January 2010, 06:52 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

57 posts
is there away to make a backup/copy of the current rom im running? (ie all the settings, programs, and everything else.)?
24th January 2010, 07:44 PM   |  #5  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 96

2,930 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vim0314

is there away to make a backup/copy of the current rom im running? (ie all the settings, programs, and everything else.)?

Well the easiest way is to just use a 3rd-party program like SPB backup...it'll do a full system backup on your phone just like doing one on your regular PC...all programs, contacts, messages, etc etc will be saved, and can be restored to the same ROM, or a fresh one.
25th January 2010, 01:02 AM   |  #6  
Flag Lancashire
Thanks Meter: 94

840 posts
More
Quote:

You need to go to this thread and vote!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=622732
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread