[ROM] CyanogenMod-5: Kang Central Station (STABLE) [06/19/2010 / 5.0.8]
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.1 which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.
Now available from CM Updater!
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
This is a pure, working AOSP build which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.
* Can be used with or without Google applications
* Kernel 2.6.34 with Pershoot's tweaks
is the default launcher!
* Complete music app overhaul by Eliot Stocker
* Clean shutdown/startup system
* New Apps2SD method implemented mostly by Chris Soyars. Create an ext4 partition and enable it in settings->applications (wiki page coming soon)
* Built in USB & Bluetooth tethering
* Graphical enhancements, trippy bootanimation, #boobs, and excellent wallpapers by Prash
* ARM NEON optimizations from 0xdroid
* Includes BusyBox, htop, nano, powertop, openvpn, bash, and all engineering commandline utilities
* FLAC audio support from Kenny Root
* Phone enhancements from Cytown
* Contacts enhancements from Wysie
* MMS enhancements from, well, everyone (see changelog)
* Perform zipalign-on-install of applications
* DeskClock tweaks- longer autosilence and "require unlock" option
* Massive APN list
* Huge collection of ringtones and audio
* Customizable Nexus live wallpaper by Chris Soyars and me
* All available locales are included thanks to PsychoBoy
* 360-degree auto-orientation by Optedoblivion
and Elanthis (enable in settings)
* Full color trackball notifications (from Google)
* OpenVPN integration thanks to James Bottomley
* Many other bugfixes and tweaks from AOSP contributors
* Tons of work on the build system by Koush and Chris Soyars
* See the full CHANGELOG for all credits and details
All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github
! Send pull requests with your changes!
- First time flashing CM to your Nexus (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Unlock your device and install Clockwork Recovery or Amon_RA's recovery image
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. Update your radio if necessary
5. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Addon
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)
HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
- Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!
CyanogenMod Nexus One FAQ: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Nexus_One_FAQ
5.0.8-N1 - 06/19/2010
FRF50 (FROYO RADIO, REQUIRED!)
Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!