Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 46,272 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] CyanogenMod-5: Kang Central Station (STABLE) [06/19/2010 / 5.0.8]

Tip us?

Mi|enko
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackasaur View Post
Sooo why is there 2 threads again?

I'm lovin' it. CM 5.0 is quite fast

EDIT: Although this may be a bit irrelevant, but um does anyone know what the "H" stands for? you know where it sometimes shows 3G mine is showing an H sometimes lol.
It stands for HSDPA

g.lamprou
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nice Work gyan...

I want to ask you something about keyboard . You have to many languages to choice but when i use greek lang for i don't have greek keyboard inside.
Can you help me about this ?

babijoee
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 161

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackasaur View Post
Sooo why is there 2 threads again?

I'm lovin' it. CM 5.0 is quite fast

EDIT: Although this may be a bit irrelevant, but um does anyone know what the "H" stands for? you know where it sometimes shows 3G mine is showing an H sometimes lol.
magic.

Cyanogen accidently created two threads, however this one seems to have more productive post in it so i think the other should be deleted / locked.

| TOUCHPRO | NEXUS ONE | DESIRE HD | GALAXY S III | GALAXY NEXUS | GALAXY S III 4G | SONY XPERIA Z |

nex7er
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Okay uhm, how do you install the zip (or it's contents, rather)? At least on the WinMo roms, people bothered putting up how to flash the roms, and not just tell us to flash.

Mi|enko
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by nex7er View Post
Okay uhm, how do you install the zip (or it's contents, rather)? At least on the WinMo roms, people bothered putting up how to flash the roms, and not just tell us to flash.
Have you rooted? If you already rooted, telling you to flash should be self explanatory.

Edit, needed to grab the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=611829 You flash with the recovery.

nex7er
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Unlocked bootloader and rooted. Didn't bother doing a Nandroid backup as I had nothing of importance on the phone.

It's not "self explanatory" at all.

huzz
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
This thread is for advanced users if you don't know how to flash you probably shouldn't be trying to do it. Without reading up on it first. There are already threads explaining what the different terms mean and how to use them. Should try searching first.

maxawesome
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
I guess CM probably figures that by now you've read the other pre-req threads, like Rooting (which tells you how to install the Recovery image so you can flash CM's custom ROMs).

It's kind of pointless for CM and other devs to re-post the same installation instructions over and over, hence the threads devoted to how to do that.

In short, people did "bother" to put up how to flash the roms, you just didn't "bother" to search or read.

Looking for a free place to host your ROMs? Maybe a place to store ROMs you like so you can get to them easily?

Mi|enko
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Unlocked bootloader and rooted. Didn't bother doing a Nandroid backup as I had nothing of importance on the phone.

Not starting a flame war, so this'll be my last post on the matter; however, let me rephrase the "self explanatory" bit:

Had you taken the time to search, "flashing" would've been "self explanatory".

Edit. I had to LOL up at Max^. We're basically answering the same questions being asked in different ways by different people. haha

maxawesome
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:

It really, really is.

Looking for a free place to host your ROMs? Maybe a place to store ROMs you like so you can get to them easily?

Tags
3g problems, best rom for nexus one, can i haz, cyanogenmod 5, iphone sucks, kanging wtf?, omgwtfbbq