FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[REQUEST] Wireless ADB

41 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By mikecyber, Member on 26th January 2010, 09:07 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
14th August 2010, 12:51 AM |#21  
leonnib4's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 85
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlool

What is the port number then? is it 5037? Can I set it somewhere? (for rooted devices of course)

Thats what i search but cant get it to work from the phone wirhout first plugging the usb..

Sent from my Nexus One
 
 
14th August 2010, 07:19 AM |#22  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Solved
I finally solved the problem. these are the commands to enable adb over wifi:


Code:
setprop service.adb.tcp.port 5555
stop adbd
start adbd
and to disable it:


Code:
setprop service.adb.tcp.port -1
stop adbd
start adbd

I assume you need su access to run it. I tested it and its working.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bohlool For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th August 2010, 10:36 PM |#23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlool

I finally solved the problem. these are the commands to enable adb over wifi:


Code:
setprop service.adb.tcp.port 5555
stop adbd
start adbd
and to disable it:


Code:
setprop service.adb.tcp.port -1
stop adbd
start adbd

I assume you need su access to run it. I tested it and its working.


Thank you for this. I used GScript to put these into shell scripts that are now shortcut icons on my Android homescreen. If I were a better programmer I'd figure out how to build a toggle widget instead. Which if I had some free time I'd do it, but free time is non-existent for me
20th August 2010, 12:40 PM |#24  
seatibiza's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 30
 
Donate to Me
More
search adbwireless in market - there is a app



i canīt post links :-/
20th August 2010, 01:35 PM |#25  
leonnib4's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 85
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seatibiza

search adbwireless in market - there is a app



i canīt post links :-/

http://fr.androlib.com/android.appli...ess-jADCj.aspx
21st August 2010, 04:18 PM |#26  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Useless app
Quote:
Originally Posted by seatibiza

search adbwireless in market - there is a app



i canīt post links :-/

I say that but it need root access and I don't know why?! the commands I posted here do not want root access and using an script app you can create two scripts to use enable/disable it without (I believe) root access.
22nd August 2010, 01:54 AM |#27  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlool

I say that but it need root access and I don't know why?! the commands I posted here do not want root access and using an script app you can create two scripts to use enable/disable it without (I believe) root access.

Aehm... you said in an earlier post that it needs su and thats basically root... (su = super user)
22nd August 2010, 07:22 AM |#28  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
no need su
Quote:
Originally Posted by rac2030

Aehm... you said in an earlier post that it needs su and thats basically root... (su = super user)

I said I assume it needed because I always use su and I stored my scripts on /system partition, but now when I am using gscript or simply terminal, I don't need su (super user the same as root, I know that much dude )
22nd August 2010, 11:07 PM |#29  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Ok but thats strange that you are able to stop and start services and write to systemvariables as normal user... have to take a closer look ;)
23rd August 2010, 10:12 AM |#30  
djmcnz's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Auckland, NZ
Thanks Meter: 1,522
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlool

I say that but it need root access and I don't know why?! the commands I posted here do not want root access and using an script app you can create two scripts to use enable/disable it without (I believe) root access.

It works perfectly and you have already rooted your phone according to your sig so why bother complaining and stating that it's "useless" when in fact you're wrong?
23rd August 2010, 11:26 AM |#31  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmcnz

It works perfectly and you have already rooted your phone according to your sig so why bother complaining and stating that it's "useless" when in fact you're wrong?

He wasn't complaining that the app isn't working or is useless, he just questions that it needs root and there's nothing wrong if a user doesn't just allow every app SU access.
I mostly prefer open source apps (don't know if the above app is OS) in this case because I can check what its doing and compile it myself or I have the tools and knowledge to see what exactly closed source app do but most users have not and a trust all policy isn't good (even the app is on the Google Market).

@bohlool
I just tested it and it doesn't work (like I thought) without requesting su access.
The part with the setprop command doesn't do anything if it's not executed from root user.

You can check it with:
Code:
setprop service.adb.tcp.port 7896
getprop service.adb.tcp.port
Second command should give back the number you entered above.

The setprop command doesn't return anything if it succeeds or fails, that's why you need to use the getprop to verify the value.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes