This is the nexus one boot animation inverted
This is a very simple, very quickly made android loading animation
Another quick one, pretend sdcard format..
Heres a Starfield one
heres one i made for trystlore
Heres some swirling smoke
I'm not sure what to call this one. Just a simple animation with android in the back :)
Getting the files ready
1. First create your animation. I usually use Flash.
2. Once you are happy with it you need to turn it into a series of png files. In flash goto [File > Export > Export Movie] then choose "PNG Sequence".
3. Next you have to rename the png files. i use "better file rename" for this (eg. "animation_00001.png", "animation_00002.png")
Making the bootanimation.zip
1. First make two folders "part0" and "part1" (you can call them anything, but its easier to explain this way)
(part0 is for animation that plays once, part1 is for animation that loops untill the device is loaded.)
2. Now make a text file "desc.txt" and enter something like this:
"320 480 30p 1 0 part0p 0 0 part1" - G1 example
"480 800 30p 1 0 part0p 0 0 part1" - N1 example
3. Once you have that done its time to turn it into a zip. I use Winrar for this. Make sure you call it bootanimation.zip and there must be No Compression. The zip is just for storage.
It should look like this:
4. After that just push via adb to /system/media (i think /data/local also works)
- > part0
- > part1
- > desc.txt
320 480 15
p 1 150 android
p 50000 1 last
First line contains 3 numbers width, height and fps
Second line (and any succesive lines) starts with the letter "p" (which comes from animation part) and contains 3 items:
-count: number of time this part is repeated
-pause: number of microseconds to pause after the last frame of the part
-path: the directory which contains the png files that compose the frame of this part
any requests, ask