gmail glitch or am i dumb?

OP DMaverick50

27th January 2010, 04:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
San Antonio, Tx
Thanks Meter: 1

1,243 posts
When I get a gmail notification, I pull down the bar and click it. After I read the email I press 'home'. The problem is that the notification is still there. If I click on it again it'll take me to the email again and when i press home it will disappear that time. Or when originally pressing the notification I can read the email and press 'back' to get back to my inbox and then the notification will disappear. Or I can just drag the bar and press clear.

Is this how of works for everybody? I'm almost positive that with my g1 and mytouch i would drag the notification and press on it and it'd disappear. The notification would appear, i would press it, and it would politely disappear The current way is kind of a hassle since i'm so used to it being simpler and smoother on my 2 other android phones.

Maybe there is a setting that i missed?

Thanks for any information
27th January 2010, 07:50 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

450 posts
Must be a glitch, it happens to me too. It also happens in Google Voice. After you read the message you can press back then home to clear the notification for now.
27th January 2010, 03:53 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 8

157 posts
More
Same here (Ten Char)
27th January 2010, 07:09 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 9

112 posts
same here. I got used to always hitting the back button to erase the notification before i hit the home button.
27th January 2010, 07:47 PM   |  #5  
Flag Ypsilanti
Thanks Meter: 68

1,389 posts
More
It's a bug in 2.1. The notification goes away after about a minute. I submitted an issue in the bug tracker earlier today about this.
28th January 2010, 12:57 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
San Antonio, Tx
Thanks Meter: 1

1,243 posts
Cool thanks for the update
28th January 2010, 10:01 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 24

105 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMaverick50

When I get a gmail notification, I pull down the bar and click it. After I read the email I press 'home'. The problem is that the notification is still there. If I click on it again it'll take me to the email again and when i press home it will disappear that time. Or when originally pressing the notification I can read the email and press 'back' to get back to my inbox and then the notification will disappear. Or I can just drag the bar and press clear.

Is this how of works for everybody? I'm almost positive that with my g1 and mytouch i would drag the notification and press on it and it'd disappear. The notification would appear, i would press it, and it would politely disappear The current way is kind of a hassle since i'm so used to it being simpler and smoother on my 2 other android phones.

Maybe there is a setting that i missed?

Thanks for any information

Maybe is the way you do it. After reading the mail if you press Home, the program doesn't realize you've read it. But if you press Back, instead, the notification goes out immediately. This behaviour is the same for the G1 and the MyTouch as well.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread