Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,143 Members 53,967 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

gmail glitch or am i dumb?

Tip us?

DMaverick50
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default gmail glitch or am i dumb?

When I get a gmail notification, I pull down the bar and click it. After I read the email I press 'home'. The problem is that the notification is still there. If I click on it again it'll take me to the email again and when i press home it will disappear that time. Or when originally pressing the notification I can read the email and press 'back' to get back to my inbox and then the notification will disappear. Or I can just drag the bar and press clear.

Is this how of works for everybody? I'm almost positive that with my g1 and mytouch i would drag the notification and press on it and it'd disappear. The notification would appear, i would press it, and it would politely disappear The current way is kind of a hassle since i'm so used to it being simpler and smoother on my 2 other android phones.

Maybe there is a setting that i missed?

Thanks for any information
Phone: Nexus One

iVisionX01
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Must be a glitch, it happens to me too. It also happens in Google Voice. After you read the message you can press back then home to clear the notification for now.

th3fallen
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Same here (Ten Char)
Google Nexus 5 - Unlocked/Rooted Primary
ROM: Carbon Nightlies
Recovery: TWRP

Google Nexus 4 - Unlocked/Rooted Guenna Pig
ROM: Cyanogen 10.1 Nightlies
Recovery: Clockwork Touch

qben88
Old
Thanks Meter 9
same here. I got used to always hitting the back button to erase the notification before i hit the home button.
Name any RAZR and i prob had it, got me started on modding
ppc-6700/HTC apache retired
mytouch 3G retired
HTC Dream retired
Touch Pro2 retired
Nexus One destoyed
HTC HD2 retired
Mytouch 4G utterly destroyed
Nexus S retired
HTC EVO retired
Samsung Galaxy S3 current
Acer Iconia A500 destroyed
and a ton more but these were the most memorable
Want a Cheap Unlimited Everything for T-mobile Plan?
$30 prepaid 100Min/UNL txt/UNL Data
$3 Unlimited USA skype calls
Total=$33 a month

mgorman
Old
Thanks Meter 68
It's a bug in 2.1. The notification goes away after about a minute. I submitted an issue in the bug tracker earlier today about this.
Sexy Nexus 4
Rooted and Unlocked

DMaverick50
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Cool thanks for the update
Phone: Nexus One

rgl12miami
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMaverick50 View Post
When I get a gmail notification, I pull down the bar and click it. After I read the email I press 'home'. The problem is that the notification is still there. If I click on it again it'll take me to the email again and when i press home it will disappear that time. Or when originally pressing the notification I can read the email and press 'back' to get back to my inbox and then the notification will disappear. Or I can just drag the bar and press clear.

Is this how of works for everybody? I'm almost positive that with my g1 and mytouch i would drag the notification and press on it and it'd disappear. The notification would appear, i would press it, and it would politely disappear The current way is kind of a hassle since i'm so used to it being simpler and smoother on my 2 other android phones.

Maybe there is a setting that i missed?

Thanks for any information
Maybe is the way you do it. After reading the mail if you press Home, the program doesn't realize you've read it. But if you press Back, instead, the notification goes out immediately. This behaviour is the same for the G1 and the MyTouch as well.
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 Black 16Gb and 64GB sd-card.