Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,981 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] HTC_IME (8th June) v27: Small fix

Tip us?

stealthx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The volume up and down keys for moving cursor in text is great function. However, would it be possible to swap direction? More logical is the "volume down" button for moving down in the text => right direction.

Marky-legend
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default HELP

Heym just wondering, how do you get this to work to HTC legend?, tried both high res för 2.2 froyo that i have, the keypad just wont show up, and the low res for 1.6, crashes, i use azure 1.0.1, a good rom but the keypad SUCKS! hate the damn thing!, i want to have the normal phonepad! like the original htc has, you can have it on this one but it donst work to my phone, any tips to make it work?, using azure 2.2 froyo 1.0.1

tmg19103
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimitran View Post
Try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2587

After some searching, I found this. It worked for me.
Thanks! That does it for MyTouch 3G with Android/Froyo 2.2.1

Works perfectly

mad-murdock
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 970

DONATE TO ME
Hey gimpsta,

Yes, this topic if trolled. It's because people tend to only read first post and then click in reply...

My suggestion to solving this is: you are the guy who cares for this project now.. the creator has abandoned it. So create a new thread where post one is understandable for everyone, and post it to the end of this thread, so people go to the new one...
That should decrease the trolling a lot...answering the same question three times on one page drives everyone nuts on the long run

Swyped with HTC Desire. Excuse typos.
Proudly adding useless stuff to cyanogenmod since 1923 (:
also proud member of teamdouche - the force behind cyanogenmod

google+: http://kan.gd/vbv (90% english posts, 10% german)

Mackattack
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmo580 View Post
either way, dual touch is what you need in a touchscreen keyboard to give you faster typing.
Does the Desire use the HTC keyboard? If so, anyway we can download and install in on our 2.2 devices? Thanks.

gIMpSTa
Old
Thanks Meter 115

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-murdock View Post
Hey gimpsta,

Yes, this topic if trolled. It's because people tend to only read first post and then click in reply...

My suggestion to solving this is: you are the guy who cares for this project now.. the creator has abandoned it. So create a new thread where post one is understandable for everyone, and post it to the end of this thread, so people go to the new one...
That should decrease the trolling a lot...answering the same question three times on one page drives everyone nuts on the long run

I had this exact thought last night. Would be nice to combine the skin generator and stock keyboard threads into one, clear, concise thread with all the commonly asked questions in the first couple posts. I'll work on this later today when I have some time.
Recovery Image: CWM

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 32gb
ROM: CM 10.1
Recovery Image: CWM

mad-murdock
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 970

DONATE TO ME
Cheers.you got my support.

Expect me to troll around and troll answering other trolls troll questions.

Troll yeah!

Proudly adding useless stuff to cyanogenmod since 1923 (:
also proud member of teamdouche - the force behind cyanogenmod

google+: http://kan.gd/vbv (90% english posts, 10% german)

worldwonderer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have a rooted HTC Hero running Cryogenmob 6.0 Froyo 2.2. I'm trying to install the HTC keyboard. I first tried installing "High resolution version (Froyo/2.2)". It installed and activated fine. However when I changed input method I ended up with no keyboard appearing on the screen. I figured maybe the problem was the resolution so I tried uninstalling that keyboard and installing "Low resolution version for Android 1.6 and up" instead. That keyboard force closes everytime. I tried going back to the High res 2.2 version but still no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really perfer the HTC keyboard over android standard.

Kingken
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldwonderer View Post
I have a rooted HTC Hero running Cryogenmob 6.0 Froyo 2.2. I'm trying to install the HTC keyboard. I first tried installing "High resolution version (Froyo/2.2)". It installed and activated fine. However when I changed input method I ended up with no keyboard appearing on the screen. I figured maybe the problem was the resolution so I tried uninstalling that keyboard and installing "Low resolution version for Android 1.6 and up" instead. That keyboard force closes everytime. I tried going back to the High res 2.2 version but still no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really perfer the HTC keyboard over android standard.
same.. doesnt work on Nexus one either... so using smart keyboard now..

stealthx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
320x480 + system2.2 = htc_ime v1.5

Tags
htc ime