- Finger friendly
- Ability to save lists
- Ability to copy items from list to list
- Multilanguage support
- If installed on SD - No data lose when doing hard reset (I hate it when everything is lost on every HR)
- Should work with all screen sizes
- Sort lists by category
- Ability to hide "checked" items
- Possibility to send list by SMS
- Add amount information to items (e.g. 4 milk)
- Add Import / Export
- Support all screen sized: QVGA & WQVGA WVGA & VGA
- Added landscape support
- Added Ability to edit existing items
- Import SMS/Email target from the phone book
- AppToDate support
- Skin support
- *New* Send list by email
- *New* Able to add notes to items (unlimited).
- *New* Ability to group saved lists by user defined types.
- When importing, if there is a Saved List type not in the Type-List, add it.
- Ability to attach picture to list item
- New updated PC Companion V3.1, For change details see next post
Please uninstall previous Companion version before installing this one.
- New - incremental item search
- New - you can now attach pictures to items (for best results use square images).
How to add a translation
In the install folder you can find the lang folder, inside it copy the file language.ini into another file, you should name it language.<your local>.ini for example, for French the local is fr, thus the French translation file should be named language.fr.ini (for complete list of locals see here)
Edit the entries in the file.
Dont forget to fill the translatedBy so you'll get the proper credit for your work. If you'll send me your translation, I'll add it to the next release.
If you use notepad to edit the file, when you save it, make sure the encoding is UTF-8, so you wont lose the special characters.
The application normally will load automatically your translation, if your phone local is set to be the same, however, you can also manually select the language from the main screen menu.
Import file should be a text format preferably with the extension .txt
The file format should be as follows:
Database: <List name>, <List Type> <Category>,<Count>,<Item Name> <Category>,<Count>,<Item Name> ...
Database: Weekly Shopping,General Refrigerated,2,Milk Refrigerated,3,Butter "Condiments, Spices",,Sugar
Export file is done by default into the application install folder, with the file name export.txt
How to add a skin
- All skins are in a folder called Skins under the install folder of the application.
- Each skin is in its own sub-folder
- The names of the files in the skin folder must start with the folder name followed by dash '-', for example, if the folder name is Blue, than all file names in it must start with "Blue-"
- Button width shouldn't exceed 400 pixels, and its maximal height should be 78 pixels
- You should also have an ini file named <skin folder name>-skin.ini (e.g. Blue-skin.ini).
- The colors inside are in hex format as 0xRRGGBB, e.g., if you want deep green color (Red=0, Green=FF (255 dec), Blue=0) the value will be 0x00FF00
- As of V3.50 you can skin the whole application. As an example, I expanded the Dusk skin (the buttons for the main screen were made by redd214) so that it's style will be reflected to the whole app. You can see the skin files under the <APP Install Dir>/skins/Dusk
Things left to do
- Move action buttons (Add, Delete, Copy) to the bottom of the screen
- Check if possible to use long press on item of Manila SDK to start item menu
- Capitalized every first word option (will prob add it to the language ini file, as not all languages support it)
- Barcode support (??? not sure about that)
- User guide/help
- Import from SMS (correctly formatted).
- Let user change items positions
- Item cost and list cost (user option).
- Ability to sync between several devices
- Save state of all collapsed groups
- Ability to select different than the main email/phone info from the phone book
- Have more than 2 lines in text edit boxes
I'll be very happy to get your feedback.
The application is using NETCFv35.wm.armv4i
My Shopping List Reviewed in
The application is using the SliderList control made by Obelix_A