[ROM][CDMA]Lightweight ROM 21863-based

OP radioman96p71

28th January 2010, 10:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Here is the Lightweight ROM i made. No guarantees! It worked for me but as usual, your mileage may vary. This is based of the stock 21863 ROM not the new 6.5.3, so the dialer works like normal and this has the standard start menu at the top.

Important!! You will need to use the right softkey and change the TouchWiz to disabled after you flash this ROM! The start menu defaults to mainmenu.exe, but it has been removed, so if you want touchwiz, leave this setting alone and copy mainmenu.exe back to the Windows folder.

My ROMs Folder

Comments are welcome, enjoy!

I should not that this ROM is stripped down to just basic windows, Office, Adobe Reader and the fav Samsung apps, like calendar, clock, dialer and the settings menu. Optional to use any of them, i just found them better than the base windows variants. Opera, all windows Titanium / widgets have been removed, as well as Swype, Nuance Voice Control, and all the graphics for the now not-included Samsung home screen.

Another quick note! IF YOUR AUDIO DOES NOT WORK - I made 13 variants of this ROM before it was finalized, for 2 of those ROMs my audio did not work out of the box until i installed the SWS WOW 2.cab. If this happens to you, install this cab and your audio will be back. Again, it only happened with 2 previous builds, and did NOT happen to me on the final, but hey, anything can happen so this is your heads up.

Also, do NOT disable the built-in dialer if you want your send key mapped to the phone app. Disabling it in registry or SKTools will PERMANENTLY disable it even if you reenable the dialer!

----------------------------
29th January 2010, 06:23 AM   |  #2  
Flag Plantation
Thanks Meter: 37

346 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks Radio,

I will have to give this a try tomorrow after I get some shut eye
14th February 2010, 09:18 PM   |  #3  
Flag Plantation
Thanks Meter: 37

346 posts
Donate to Me
More
out of all of the roms available, I like yours the best. The memory stability of this rom is perfect for me. Although it does not have as much available ram as some of the other roms, it has been the smoothest running so far. I usually start out at around 82-83mb after a soft reset, and the lowest the ram goes down to during all day usage is about 75mb. That's with the samsung today interface. I would have preferred titanium but the fact that I can use my phone for days with out having to reset or pull the battery is great. After closing programs the memory returns to the amount before opening the program. I usually idle at around 79mb throughout the day.

So far I have had no major issues considering this is the first release of this rom. All problems I have encountered so far are due to cabs I have installed and not the rom itself. For some reason I can not get reStART to install, but I had the same issue with the other customs roms out there. So my file might be corrupt or something.

Thanks for you hardwork and I look forward to an updated version of this rom.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread