Older Version: (uninstall previous version first)
Oldest Version: Said to work on the Eris
Just installed it and it works on my Hero
[FONT=verdana]1. Download swype here. (if for some reason it downloads as .zip, just change the file extension to .apk)
2. Transfer to your Eris via USB
3. Settings -> Application settings -> Check Unknown sources (You all prob have done this before but my n00b friends had not so I thought I would mention it anyways)
4. Use a file manager program such as Astro File Manager and go to the location you stored the .apk
6. After install go to Settings -> Locale & Text -> Check Swype
7. Open any email/text client and hold down the text box and you will get a popup asking what you want for input. Select Swype. You only have to do this once and it will do it for all your programs.
8. Disable Audio Warnings as it seems to give errors as well located at Phone settings -> Locale & text -> Swype
<b>I recommend reading the tutorial. Helped me. This is very sick. I now love one handed emailing and texting as its so simple.
1) If you do not check "Disable Audio Warnings" in the Locale & Test > Swype Settings you will get repeated force closes.
2) Installing seems to disable the ability to click and hold to delete icons on the homescreen, widgets work fine.
3) There is no option to tap on a word to edit it while in Portrait mode, reports that landscape mode works fine.
Mod Edit: No Swype Links Allowed