Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

mono bluetooth streaming on the htc hero for sprint

OP viigox

30th January 2010, 04:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
so check it out here is a workaround on the htc hero for sprint to allow you to stream music to a mono (single ear non stereo) bluetooth headset. ok so my bluetooth does not have a2dp capabilities but this works still. this is not my idea its off the android forums i found after doing some digging.

you have to have your phone on vibrate and the music, podcast whatever has to already be playing and your bluetooth already has to be paired.

------------------------------------------------------
11-19-2009, 12:43 AM #8 (permalink)
RedDot

Device(s):

Got non A2DP Bluetooth headset to play Music / podcasts
I went searching for a way to play my podcasts over a non A2DP bluetooth headset. I couldn't find anything, but I did figure out a way to make it work. I'm using a Sprint HTC Hero phone.

1. I went to the phone and dialed '**' (2 stars) which creates a 'p' for pause. Then press call. This enables the headset without actually placing a call.
2. After this I started doggcatcher (or other audio / video player) and it played through the headset. Everything went through the headset after this point.
3. In order to stop playback to my headset I just called my voicemail and hung up. At that point, audio was routed back to the speaker.

I don't know if this will work on other phones, but it did on mine.
good luck.

EDIT: I have found that it only works when my ringer volume is off or on vibrate. Also, the media volume needs to be turned up separately -- Either from the settings control or prior to performing the 'p' call. The volume rocker only controls the Bluetooth call volume after the bluetooth headset is active.
Last edited by RedDot; 11-24-2009 at 12:34 AM.
------------------------------------------------------------------

now i give full credit to this guy. i just couldnt find it anywhere after looking all day. so i figured i should post it here. mods sorry if its already posted
30th January 2010, 04:21 AM   |  #2  
Flag Clinton, TN
Thanks Meter: 146

3,343 posts
More
Holy crap!!!!! Greatest discovery ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
30th January 2010, 04:27 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcarpenter

Holy crap!!!!! Greatest discovery ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did it work for you too ? I'm so glad I've stubbledon this . Ive been streaming over my blutooth for like 30 min
25th February 2010, 06:02 PM   |  #4  

63 posts
Bump!

Does this really work? Is the quality ok? I'd love to avoid spending the extra dough on one of the few pieces that supports a2dp...
25th February 2010, 11:13 PM   |  #5  
Flag Clinton, TN
Thanks Meter: 146

3,343 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynda

Bump!

Does this really work? Is the quality ok? I'd love to avoid spending the extra dough on one of the few pieces that supports a2dp...

Works great.
Quality of the audio all depends on the quality of your headset. Personally I stopped buying expensive ones. I buy about 1 a month any more. I lose them everytime.

I guess it can sound a little staticy or muffled at times, but I think thats more Pandora and bad reception in this Tin Can I call an office.
26th February 2010, 01:58 AM   |  #6  
Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 2

61 posts
More
Works great for voice on my moto H605, but music isn't very good.
26th February 2010, 10:38 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 7

202 posts
Awesome!!! Ive been searching for this for a while...
27th February 2010, 08:04 AM   |  #8  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 39

459 posts
Donate to Me
More
This is so cool!! I have a $30 head set from wall mart that is about good for nothing. But now I have something I can do with it.
8th March 2010, 10:51 PM   |  #9  

1 posts
I was able to listen to my music with my bluetooth on my last phone (which really helps to pass the time at work).

I was so excited to get the HTC Hero for Christmas this year and it is such a great phone. But I was not so excited after I discovered I could not listen to my music with my bluetooth.

Thank you for thinking of others and posting this! I spent so much time trying to figure out a way to fix this. This works great!
18th March 2010, 05:31 PM   |  #10  
Flag Copenhagen, Denmark
Thanks Meter: 91

1,180 posts
More
GSM Hero
Hey guys,

I just bought a Voyager Pro, because I thought I can listen to music. After I tried it, it didn't work. And I found out I should have one with a2dp.
I can see, that you, with CDMA can do it now.
But do you have any idea, how could I do it with my GSM Hero?

Thanks in advance,

Roland

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread