Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,152 Members 54,541 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

debranded rom

Tip us?

useyourfist
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default debranded rom

some people on ebay are selling debranded tg01s i contacted one and he said that he has the factory tg01 rom but was unwilling to sell it but would install it on my phone if i sent it to him with 20, anyway my question is

1. does anyone here have the factory rom to completly debrand from orange uk?

2. if no to above do you think it would be easier to decrypt the debranded rom compared to the orange branded one as it may be worth getting it to dump here?

BaconTrousers
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Its either a sim free model or he has just removed the bootup and shutdown screens. Personally If a debranded rom was out there it would already have been posted so save you 20 (and your phone)

useyourfist
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thats what i was thinking o well

adzman808
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by useyourfist View Post
thats what i was thinking o well
i contacted a guy from ebay about debranding & he said he had the original toshiba firmware that removed carrier branding....

not sure if this sounds plausable......

useyourfist
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
maybee its a tosh employee making a bit of extra cash i would
and that would explain why not willing to sell me the cab
or as BaconTrousers said just someone removing bootscreen ect.
i am tempted.

nico101
Old
Thanks Meter 8
The only one debranded rom is Italian so it's possible that he sells TG01 with translation package installed...

mdave84
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico101 View Post
The only one debranded rom is Italian so it's possible that he sells TG01 with translation package installed...
Italian ROM is debranded and it's better, i read about some voice problem in orange ROM.
But I see WM 6.6 in youtube running in our device. There is a system to install a new ROM in TG01 but we don't know.

sagam12
Old
Thanks Meter 0
can't someone use the italian debranded rom and create a custom rom from that? maybe even translate it into english, would be great even a custom rom in italian would be good

nico101
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I've used leaked O2 then official Orange UK now I'm using leaked Orange UK (little bit stripped down from obsolette apps) had also Italian rom but i'ts based on 21840 build (leaked roms are 21856) so there is annoying bug in Start menu that closes after opening any settings ...

I've made translation for Italian German and UK rom to Polish so i think it's possible to translate Italian rom to english but I don't have time and motivation to do this...

bib*oops
Old
(Last edited by bib*oops; 13th February 2010 at 11:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 120
Hi, I'm from RO, speaking a little bit of italian, owning an orange locked tg01(one of the first devices in RO), so I've upgraded(finally, one week ago) to wm6.5 italian ROM,by curiosity, encountering no problems so far:good signal on phone calling in/out, installed srs wow v.4(again curiosity, personally no need of it), 3 gps apps(iGO8.3.2, garmin&Automapa6.1.0.876+gpsgate2.6), awesome start=everything working fine, no random soft reset, waiting for a (god[xda]blessed) custom ROM..
edit:Nico, maybe we'll find, somehow, a motivation for you: let us know!!!