You can download the untouched, original CAB file from this post (1.4 a.k.a. 126.96.36.199) or just open the Windows Marketplace for Mobile and download the update when prompted.
- As Microsoft is discontinuing its effort on the WM 6.X platform, please also take into consideration the following non official Facebook apps made by XDA Members: Sense 2.5 Facebook Tab (FB|Tab) and XDA FaceBook App for WinMo
- Matchbox Mobile, the developer of the Facebook app on MS behalf is checking this thread.
If you should experience any bugs or if you have some suggestions for future versions of this app, feel free to join the discussion
thanks to Richard and Matchbox Mobile for helping us out and gathering infos and bugs to improve the application
CURRENT VERSION: 188.8.131.52
- Bugfixes (?)
- Bugfixes (?)
- Pokes seems to be working now.
- Hopefully some bugfixes and improved speed
- Improved notifications system
- "View Comments"
- "Like" (or "Dislike")
- “Search” (for new contacts or existing ones).
- Change Image Cache: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=13 (thanks to owziee)
- Change Facebook language: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=66 (thanks to Real_Justus)
WHAT'S STILL MISSING (compared to other platforms FB apps)
- Live feed and chat.
- It's not possible to check who has "liked" any post/image/etc.
- On some devices, after viewing a photo album, MS Facebook is unable to view any other contact's album pictures and generate their album list.
- On some configurations, MS Facebook is unable to remember login credentials after closing the app.
- Slow page scrolling reported on some devices.
- After viewing a photo album, MS Facebook is unable to view any other contact's album pictures and generate their album list.
- dominicanman912 reports that MS Facebook changed the volume keys mapping, so he's unable to change the volume anymore. There are no other reports of this issue.
- Facebook throws out an error while trying to fetch the inbox.
- megapinky is reporting he's unable to change photo to see another ones in the picture view, with gestures not working.
- Sometimes MS FB will not post updates once submitted; you'll need to try multiple times until your wall gets updated.
- pndragon reports that his all his news feeds are showing up as double posts.
- On i8000 if you should have install problems try follow this guide (thanks to b006): Restall v1.1 from Marketplace to override the preinstalled version, then go to Main Storage in settings and delete it (uninstall). Next install this version 1.2, not in main (since the preinstalled v1.1 is there to avoid conflicts) but in other storage options you have.
- On some devices, Facebook throws out an error message while trying to poke someone.
If a new Microsoft Facebook client version should pop up on the Marketplace, on the Microsoft Download web site or here, please remove the previous version using the remove programs applet prior to install the new update.