Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 40,489 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Latest google update broke VPN?

Tip us?

clubtech
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 297
Default Latest google update broke VPN?

Is anyone able to to connect to any VPN server with the latest firmware update ?
It simply wont connect while it was connecting on the original firmware.
HARDWARE: AT&T 8285 > iPhone 3G > Toshiba TG01 > iPhone 3GS > HD2 > AT&T N1 > EVO 4G > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung Galaxy Tab > Samsung Nexus S > Atrix 4G > Motorola Xoom > Thunderbolt > Galaxy S II > Galaxy Tab 10.1 > HTC Flyer > E4GT > Galaxy Note > Galaxy S 3 > Galaxy Note II > HTC One > Galaxy Note 8 > Galaxy S 4

ScaredyCat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same problem.

A vpn that was working fine before the update now wont work. It looks like the session is up for about a minute, and then closed by a TermReq from the N1 end but the N1 never completes the setup to start with.

SC

ScaredyCat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ok,

I think I have a solution to this.

Code:
Select Code
adb remount
adb shell chmod 755 /etc/ppp/ip-up-vpn
then try and reconnect

SC

JanetPanic
Old
Thanks Meter 50
My original VPN configurations did not work after the upgrade. I created new VPN entries and deleted the old ones. The new entries appears to be working fine so far.

clubtech
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredyCat View Post
Ok,

I think I have a solution to this.

Code:
Select Code
adb remount
adb shell chmod 755 /etc/ppp/ip-up-vpn
then try and reconnect

SC
Thanks but still having the same issue. it will connect, stay connect for a minute or so and then the network connectivity will be gone (the VPN icon will show that VPN is still connected but in reality the connection died).
This has also been the case in the original phone firmware (prior to the upgrade).
HARDWARE: AT&T 8285 > iPhone 3G > Toshiba TG01 > iPhone 3GS > HD2 > AT&T N1 > EVO 4G > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung Galaxy Tab > Samsung Nexus S > Atrix 4G > Motorola Xoom > Thunderbolt > Galaxy S II > Galaxy Tab 10.1 > HTC Flyer > E4GT > Galaxy Note > Galaxy S 3 > Galaxy Note II > HTC One > Galaxy Note 8 > Galaxy S 4

ash99
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Someone on Modaco did similar but with the follwing line:-

adb shell chmod 777 /etc/ppp/ip-up-vpn

I've lost the ability to connect via adb to mine from my mac for some reason, working on that !

EDIT : Just noticed you had this problem pre-upgrade. This fix is not going to resolve that. Back to VPN settings / compatability.

clubtech
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 297
This indeed solved the problem of not being able to connect. thank you.
It did not however solved the issue where the VPN connection stops forwarding traffic after 1-2 minutes (without actually disconnecting).
It seems to randomly happen, more when connecting to the VPN server over wifi.
I checked the logs and could not find anything.
Anyone has any idea why is this happening? this VPN servers works well on my laptop and iPhone.