Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [01/23] FRX04 Reference!

OP Reefermattness

4th February 2010, 12:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Albuquerque, NM
Thanks Meter: 62

1,670 posts
Donate to Me
More
PLEASE, FOR THE SAKE OF MY SANITY. READ THE FAQ FIRST FOR QUESTIONS!
F.A.Q.

This in NOT an emulator, nor is it a full ROM! Haret.exe closes down Windows, and boots Linux off of your Storage Card to launch Android. To boot back to WinMo all you need to do is reset your handset!

This thread is more specifically for the Rhodium, as this is the handset that I own, and can troubleshoot and test. So if you have specific questions about a different handset, please find your corresponding thread in post #2, however, this build will support the following devices: Diamond, Raphael, Kovsky, Topaz, Rhodium, & Blackstone by using the corresponding startup.txt found in any of the .rar files.

This package does work for both GSM and CDMA, however, the CDMA troubleshooting thread is at the following link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115443

NOT WORKING IN THIS BUILD:
  • BT
  • Camera
  • Headphones
  • Speakerphone (no mic)
  • Battery Meter (about 75% fixed now)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change Log:
  • NEW January 23 NEW FRX04 Android 2.2.1 build added to downloads page!
  • 11/22 FRX03 build added to downloads page! Go HERE for the full change log!!
  • 11/01 FRX02 build added to downloads page! Check out the updates for a more detailed change log!
  • 10/04 Kernel updates! In call mic fix and battery updates!! The new meter should be MUCH closer to actual battery now!! Either use update on the Start Application or head over to the project tracking web page!
  • 9/28 Sovereignty's Startup Utility V1.1 goes live! Fixed BLAZN Gmail app, re-added 3d Gallery. Fixed Reference not having Google Talk.
  • 9/26[/B][/COLOR] NEW KERNEL FIXES NOW WITH WORKING HARDWARE 3D!!!
  • 9/16 System build, FRX01 Final. The product of testing through RC1 and RC2. Lots of fixes, too many to list. Come here for full updates.
  • 8/30 Package with a few updates. This one fixes the garbage noise of the speaker being "on" even when no sounds are being played. Also updated the rootfs file for a few fixes. (Add new gralloc for WVGA devices).
  • 8/26 THE BIG ONE YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR...... SOUND IS WORKING!!! (New Zimage/Modules kernel fixes for sound!)
  • 8/18 Froyo system images added! New rootfs updates = MUCH MORE SPEED!! Lots of BLAZN theme fixes added, Full change log is HERE: http://sites.google.com/site/androidport/updates

CHANGELOG HISTORY CAN BE FOUND HERE!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes:
Read this before you start!

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR YOU TO COME HERE AND TELL US WHICH OF YOUR FEATURES IS THE MOST WANTED. WE ALL WANT THIS OS COMPLETELY WORKING. PLEASE, BE PATIENT LIKE THE REST OF US.

If you think you need to post a question in this thread: READ THROUGH POST#2, AND USE THE SEARCH TOOL FIRST!!!! Most questions have already been answered in this thread. I don't mind answering GOOD questions, but I really hate people asking the same questions over and over, ESPECIALLY when the answer is only a few pages before your post. DONT BE LAZY, THIS FORUM IS FOR DEVELOPMENT, NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Download Section: Project Android Rebuild

Appreciate my work?
ScreenShots
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot1.jpg
Views:	38502
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	295336   Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot2.jpg
Views:	34332
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	295337   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auto-Update.jpg
Views:	29442
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	298750   Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot5.jpg
Views:	35347
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	298751   Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot6.jpg
Views:	36698
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	298752  
Last edited by Reefermattness; 23rd January 2011 at 09:08 PM.
4th February 2010, 12:41 AM   |  #2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Albuquerque, NM
Thanks Meter: 62

1,670 posts
Donate to Me
More
Other Devices:

This package will work on other MSM devices however, you may have some stability and functionality issues. If you are having issues with another device, other than the RHODIUM, check the dedicated forum. Most users on this specific thread only own a Rhodium, so we cannot test/troubleshoot other handsets!!

Dedicated thread For GSM Diamond/Raphael users using xdandroid Dedicated thread For CDMA Diamond users using xdandroid Dedicated thread For Raphael800 users using xdandroid Dedicated thread For Blackstone users using xdandroid Dedicated thread For Topaz users using xdandroid

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Tips, Tricks, & Fixes

Read the newly updated FAQ Here:

http://sites.google.com/site/androidport/faq

Project Tracking

Stay up to date with all of the freshest releases here:

http://sites.google.com/site/android...oject-tracking

Thanks!

First off, there is an insanely huge list of guys who are responsible for making this possible. Compared to what they do I am just a monkey punching a keyboard. THANKS DEVS

Thanks to phhusson, dzo, zenulator, Chamonix, Stinebd, Makkonen, MrPippy, cr2, Markinus, WisTilt2, Babijoee and anyone else forgotten!

Thanks to scepterr for the free speedy file hosting!!! Need hosting for an XDA project? Ask him!

Donations to XDAndroid team: http://xdandroid.com/w/donate.php
XDAndroid Twitter: http://twitter.com/xdandroid
XDAndroid Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/XDAndroid/394317262428

Thanks to those who have already helped, and to those who will. THANK YOU!

Last edited by Reefermattness; 2nd September 2010 at 08:35 PM.
4th February 2010, 12:44 AM   |  #3  
Flag Vancouver, BC
Thanks Meter: 35

253 posts
More
reserved for me, just in case
4th February 2010, 12:49 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

39 posts
More
Smile
This is much better. AT least noobs like me can clearly follow this thread. Android on my Tilt 2 tonite. Thanx pioneers!!!!!!
4th February 2010, 12:53 AM   |  #5  
Flag Vancouver, BC

253 posts
More
Just a quick note that the 'rhod210' keymap (which is default in this build) should be pretty OK for almost all Rhodiums, unless you have an AZERTY layout or an odd European one with lots of accented letters mapped to Fn key combos. You can use Fn+Y to get the 'pipe' symbol | (may seem useless to many of you, but for those of us who poke around at consoles a lot it's invaluable :>). You can use Fn+W to get the UK pound currency symbol and Fn+E to get the Euro currency symbol - these keys are labelled on some Rhodiums so I figured I'd just implement it for all Rhodiums, as it may come in handy sometime.

if you have an odd keyboard layout but just want to use this build, the keys should behave like the layout pictured here:

http://mynokiablog.files.wordpress.c...keyboard-2.jpg

so just press the keys as if they looked like that.
4th February 2010, 01:09 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 28

214 posts
More
One day one day.... we shall have wifi I hope. Thank you for all your hardwork.
4th February 2010, 01:38 AM   |  #7  
Flag Vancouver, BC

253 posts
More
I'm trying to do something about wifi ATM with the kernel guys, but it's not simple. The problem is the Rhodium uses a completely different chip than most other phones, for wifi / Bluetooth (it uses a Broadcom BCM4325). No-one's got anything at all out of that chip yet.
4th February 2010, 01:50 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

271 posts
More
Good show.. Thanks for making XDANDROID accessible to everyone.

BTW, Wifi not working at this time creates a good "shutdown/reboot" opportunity for now. The Shutdown option in Android does not seem to be working yet and so was interested in a way to shutdown/reset the phone without a "soft reset" poke after removing the back cover.

Found this by accident:
>>
Settings->Wireless & Network Settings->Wifi (Click to Enable Wifi) and boom in a few seconds, the phone is off like a light.. Hit the power button on top and we have a full reboot..
>>

Edit: The Wifi crash is fixed in the 02/03/10 build mentioned at the top of this thread. So need to open the back cover to reboot..
Last edited by motoq9h; 4th February 2010 at 03:48 AM.
4th February 2010, 02:51 AM   |  #9  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 4

577 posts
More
Man this is really nice. I can't wait to get a Nexus One but this will do for the TP2 for now. Almost there for everything to work. Can't wait for the release with sleep mode fixed and BT working.
4th February 2010, 04:01 AM   |  #10  
Flag Burpengary
Thanks Meter: 0

99 posts
More
Question Bootup problems
Not sure what/why, but my touch screen doesn't seem to be working as I can't get past the boot screen (touch the android) as the screen location doesn't seem to match up. Any ideas??

[EDIT] My bad, misseed the touch screen calibration...
Last edited by Xandegar; 4th February 2010 at 04:50 AM. Reason: correction to question

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread