Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,303 Members 53,305 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [01/23] FRX04 Reference!

Tip us?

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3379

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinebd View Post
Folks, I'm pleased to announce our first public testing release of XDAndroid Gingerbread.
Nice! Glad to see this out in the wild

manekineko
Old
Thanks Meter 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinebd View Post
Folks, I'm pleased to announce our first public testing release of XDAndroid Gingerbread.

This is a work-in-progress build, of course. But it is also already well-refined. Performance is on-par with or improved from Froyo in most cases. Core system applications are mostly stable.

KNOWN ISSUES:
  • Google Apps will behave badly from time to time (arrrghhh noted blank window issues, for example)
  • GPS is not working (driver needs to be reimplemented) and Location services are generally missing as well
  • Accelerometer support is missing (driver needs to be reimplemented)
  • Bluetooth is not working, even on TI devices (crashes when activating - disabled in this build)
  • Other functionality and stability issues will occur

The system image is available for download immediately at http://files.xdandroid.com/system-gi...sting.ext2.zip. This has been signed with our release keys, which means you might be able to use a froyo data.img with it, but this is in no way supported (it's a testing build after all). If you have issues with previous data images, start fresh and try again before reporting issues.

If you are going to use this build, please report issues via our IRC channel or bug tracker. Thanks!

And go easy on arrrghhh. It's tough answering the same questions over and over!
Amazing work! Downloading now

Maybe this should get its own thread, it's really a whole different build, and will have its own issues and all that.

Qmaster11
Old
(Last edited by Qmaster11; 12th February 2011 at 08:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Does anybody now how to change notification bar color, I have wite but I want black (transparanted)
HTC TROPHY
OFFICIALLY ROM
HTC TOUCH PRO 2, T7373, RHODIUM
Windows mobile 6.5.X ENERGYROM by NGRZ28
Sense 2.5.X

I would never trade microsoft for an Iphone or Ipad

manekineko
Old
Thanks Meter 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Amazing work! Downloading now

Maybe this should get its own thread, it's really a whole different build, and will have its own issues and all that.
Used my old data.img, first boot took forever, maybe 10 minutes of flying Androids, after it booted up, got a pretty quick reboot to WinMo. I'll try again with a clean data.img later.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SYSTEM_LAST_KMSG@1297493548290.zip - [Click for QR Code] (9.6 KB, 3 views)

manekineko
Old
(Last edited by manekineko; 12th February 2011 at 07:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 228
Quote:
Used my old data.img, first boot took forever, maybe 10 minutes of flying Androids, after it booted up, got a pretty quick reboot to WinMo. I'll try again with a clean data.img later.
Hmm not sure what to make of this. I booted twice without a data.img, and each time I'm getting a reboot soon after boot. I know it's generating a clean data.img because the background and widgets are stock. What's strang is that the data.img seems to be coming pre-populated with logs, including logs from FRX04, and the logs are exactly the same each time, with the last log always the same as the log I posted previously. So the log I posted previously may not have been my log at all, but instead some default log that comes with the the default data.img.

Rhod400

startup.txt:
set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "rel_path=andboot.gingerbread lcd.density=240 msmvkeyb_toggle=off gsensor_axis=2,1,3 pm.sleep_mode=1 north_am_dialing=1 force_cdma=1 physkeyboard=rhod400"
boot

WisTilt2's latest posted test kernel

pdawg17
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Hmm not sure what to make of this. I booted twice without a data.img, and each time I'm getting a reboot soon after boot. I know it's generating a clean data.img because the background and widgets are stock. What's strang is that the data.img seems to be coming pre-populated with logs, including logs from FRX04, and the logs are exactly the same each time, with the last log always the same as the log I posted previously. So the log I posted previously may not have been my log at all, but instead some default log that comes with the the default data.img.

Rhod400

startup.txt:
set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "rel_path=andboot.gingerbread lcd.density=240 msmvkeyb_toggle=off gsensor_axis=2,1,3 pm.sleep_mode=1 north_am_dialing=1 force_cdma=1 physkeyboard=rhod400"
boot

WisTilt2's latest posted test kernel
I get a reboot after first boot with or without a new data.img...2nd boot though works fine...

I had to use a new data.img though because I couldn't get my gmail sync set up correctly...there might be a way to redo it without a new data.img but I decided it's probably better to start from scratch anyway...
Sprint HTC Arrive (8779)

ryannathans
Old
Thanks Meter 47

DONATE TO ME
using Froyo with latest rootfs. in startup.txt i have physkeyboard=rhod110

however the bloody FN key is an @ and there is no other key that functions like the FN. What can I do?

Qmaster11
Old
Thanks Meter 2
does anybody now how to make the notification bar transparanted (black)
HTC TROPHY
OFFICIALLY ROM
HTC TOUCH PRO 2, T7373, RHODIUM
Windows mobile 6.5.X ENERGYROM by NGRZ28
Sense 2.5.X

I would never trade microsoft for an Iphone or Ipad

rpierce99
Old
(Last edited by rpierce99; 12th February 2011 at 03:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 143
RE: Gingerbread
I copied my entire andboot folder over to a new folder called Gingerbread, changed startup.txt to rel_path=Gingerbread, and launched the newly copied haret from the Gingerbread folder. So far everything works fine except data. All of my apps and settings are intact. CDMA data isn't working for me though, although it did fix my wifi problems that I have been having.

So at least for me using my standard data.img worked great. I did forget to rename froyo.user.conf to gingerbread.user.conf though, so I wonder if I will get any better/worse results with a proper conf file in place.

EDIT: Not sure if it was fixing the conf file or just the fact that it was boot #2, but the second boot was FAST, still no data though.
RHOD 300 unlocked on Tmo | GBX0B

Qmaster11
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deafcyclist View Post
I tried the live wallpaper and it ended up messing up my xdandroid frx04 install so I had to do a clean install. I wouldn't recommend the live wallpaper until it get fixed.

What do you mean by changing the notification bar? If it's possible, I'm curious. It's a little funny to me that I can customize the UI of my jailbroken iPod more easily than my android install. I may just be missing something obvious for android though.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
I mean changing the notification bar COLOR (I want it black)

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe