Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 45,005 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New HD2 & No BBC iPlayer WTF

Tip us?

bocsta
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default New HD2 & No BBC iPlayer WTF

ok so I've been a winmo user since inception and have resisted the urge to go iphone

i held off for the HD2 but finally got it a few days ago. Its nice and smooth but where is the wow after a couple of hours use? wheres the cool new stuff ?

I thought lets try some video playback...thought BBC iPlayer

no i Player...so I trawl posts to find hacks and other programs to use. half an hour later ....then I'm thinking WTF...its a dam new phone and here I am having to f*%k around with it straight out the box

WTF is wrong with HTC....I mean surely they could have got off your lazy dumb arses and got some decent new fresh apps put on their premium device for launch by operators

Its not exactly that the BBC is a minow.

And what the hell is wrong with the operators taking ****ty product again from HTC. (Vodafone gave HTC a chance...sure Iphone is more profitable but I'm sure it didnt help with a crap release ROM...why put up with up when there is other products you can sell without the hassle). I'm not asking HTC to get it right with every phone but this is your premium device FFS

HTC need to employ people that live in the real world not Asia where if it dont work it dont matter

I for one will have no sympathy if HTC fail

shruff
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Haha, why didnt you bu an iphone? BBC iplayer, muahahahahha.
I think you should buy iphone and get off this forum!

mndl632
Old
Thanks Meter 0
no idea why you're blaming HTC for iPlayer not working, BBC need to add support for the HD2 in order for it to work straight out of the box

lexx-luthor
Old
Thanks Meter 1
This is the fix;

36. Get BBC iPlayer Mobile Website Working on HD2
The current Opera 9.7 version on the HD2 is not detected by the BBC iplayer website. Here is a modifcation to Opera preferences you can do to get it to work.
HLKM/Software/Opera/Prefs/User Prefs/Custom User-Agent
Change from HTC_HD2_T8585 Opera/9.7 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) to HTC_Touch_HD_T8282 Now go to http://bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer. Videos are opened in your Streaming App on your phone.

which is located in this thread.

You will need a Registry Editor which is also in the same thread.

Hope this helps

sarngate
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So because a device doesn't support iPlayer out of the box, it sucks ?

Nice logic.

dandruff333
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocsta View Post
HTC need to employ people that live in the real world not Asia where if it dont work it dont matter
Asia is not in the 'real world'? I didn't know that.

Jeez..

Shadowdh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocsta View Post

I for one will have no sympathy if HTC fail
And in Asia if it dont work they tend to fix it... or adapt...
Phone: MDA Vario III/SE Xperia X1/HD2
ROM: Duttys 6.1 Build 5.2.19716UC/stock X1 ROM/stock1.66
Radio: 1.58.21.23/not sure/2_09_51_03

ardsar
Old
Thanks Meter 107
do a search for myplayer. This is a nice little app that allows you to stream or download high quality Iplayer content to your phone for later viewing. App can also be found on HTCPedia.com under the apps section. It also supports ITV, CH4 etc etc
-----------------------------------------------
HTC One M8

morpheus1982
Old
Thanks Meter 18
all this guy had to do was read the sticky thread like everyone else. lets all wait for a thank you. yeah right!

SOLRAC13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheus1982 View Post
all this guy had to do was read the sticky thread like everyone else. lets all wait for a thank you. yeah right!
I can see, by the way this guy wrote, there was no one sentences with out ading street words.

Any way in the first place, before buying anything, he should read and get info of the haves and no haves of the current devise.

Be wiser he express him self in a better way, since this is just the beginning of many tweaks he will have to go in order to get the max of these phone.

And No i am sure he will no thank no body

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe