Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

New HD2 & No BBC iPlayer WTF

OP bocsta

5th February 2010, 02:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

57 posts
ok so I've been a winmo user since inception and have resisted the urge to go iphone

i held off for the HD2 but finally got it a few days ago. Its nice and smooth but where is the wow after a couple of hours use? wheres the cool new stuff ?

I thought lets try some video playback...thought BBC iPlayer

no i Player...so I trawl posts to find hacks and other programs to use. half an hour later ....then I'm thinking WTF...its a dam new phone and here I am having to f*%k around with it straight out the box

WTF is wrong with HTC....I mean surely they could have got off your lazy dumb arses and got some decent new fresh apps put on their premium device for launch by operators

Its not exactly that the BBC is a minow.

And what the hell is wrong with the operators taking ****ty product again from HTC. (Vodafone gave HTC a chance...sure Iphone is more profitable but I'm sure it didnt help with a crap release ROM...why put up with up when there is other products you can sell without the hassle). I'm not asking HTC to get it right with every phone but this is your premium device FFS

HTC need to employ people that live in the real world not Asia where if it dont work it dont matter

I for one will have no sympathy if HTC fail
5th February 2010, 03:05 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

351 posts
Haha, why didnt you bu an iphone? BBC iplayer, muahahahahha.
I think you should buy iphone and get off this forum!
5th February 2010, 03:19 AM   |  #3  
Flag Leicester

136 posts
More
no idea why you're blaming HTC for iPlayer not working, BBC need to add support for the HD2 in order for it to work straight out of the box
5th February 2010, 03:41 AM   |  #4  
Flag Top End
Thanks Meter: 1

71 posts
More
This is the fix;

36. Get BBC iPlayer Mobile Website Working on HD2
The current Opera 9.7 version on the HD2 is not detected by the BBC iplayer website. Here is a modifcation to Opera preferences you can do to get it to work.
HLKM/Software/Opera/Prefs/User Prefs/Custom User-Agent
Change from HTC_HD2_T8585 Opera/9.7 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) to HTC_Touch_HD_T8282 Now go to http://bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer. Videos are opened in your Streaming App on your phone.

which is located in this thread.

You will need a Registry Editor which is also in the same thread.

Hope this helps
5th February 2010, 03:44 AM   |  #5  

20 posts
So because a device doesn't support iPlayer out of the box, it sucks ?

Nice logic.
5th February 2010, 04:20 AM   |  #6  

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocsta

HTC need to employ people that live in the real world not Asia where if it dont work it dont matter

Asia is not in the 'real world'? I didn't know that.

Jeez..
5th February 2010, 07:32 AM   |  #7  
Flag London (nearly)

540 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocsta

I for one will have no sympathy if HTC fail

And in Asia if it dont work they tend to fix it... or adapt...
5th February 2010, 09:20 AM   |  #8  
Flag Devon
Thanks Meter: 109

1,965 posts
More
do a search for myplayer. This is a nice little app that allows you to stream or download high quality Iplayer content to your phone for later viewing. App can also be found on HTCPedia.com under the apps section. It also supports ITV, CH4 etc etc
5th February 2010, 09:35 AM   |  #9  
Flag Greater London
Thanks Meter: 18

569 posts
More
all this guy had to do was read the sticky thread like everyone else. lets all wait for a thank you. yeah right!
5th February 2010, 09:52 AM   |  #10  

125 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheus1982

all this guy had to do was read the sticky thread like everyone else. lets all wait for a thank you. yeah right!

I can see, by the way this guy wrote, there was no one sentences with out ading street words.

Any way in the first place, before buying anything, he should read and get info of the haves and no haves of the current devise.

Be wiser he express him self in a better way, since this is just the beginning of many tweaks he will have to go in order to get the max of these phone.

And No i am sure he will no thank no body

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread