Haret.exe Android Install and Boot from Windows Mobile
*Update: These instructions now seem to be outdated. I will started an updated thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=648045
(sorry I tried to post some live links, but the forum won't allow them cause I'm a new user, so this may not be as helpful as I hoped...)
I just spent some hours wading through the forums to find complete instructions for installing the newer android builds using the WM haret.exe linux booter (rather than flashing the entire phone and loosing WM) on my touch Vouge.
I am a bit of a newb, but since I did not find complete instructions, and had to figure some things out using trial and error I thought I would post what I did figure out here in hopes of helping others.
First ignore the install instructions here. sourceforge.net/apps/trac/androidhtc/wiki/HowToInstall . They are old and need to be updated.
- Erase all previous android files from your sd card
- Go here: sourceforge.net/projects/androidhtc/files/
- open the zip and place the andboot folder and all its contents on the / directory of your SD card
- then download eclair252_androidinstall.zip
- unzip eclair252_androidinstall.zip to get androidinstall.tar
- copy androidinstall.tar to your sdcard /andboot folder
(unnecessarily steps deleted - see below)
- Then on your phone's file explorer run haret.exe from /andboot folder on you sd card
- click run and immediately hold the volume switch up as linux boots
- the boot menu appears. choose install
- if the installation hangs hold volume up again, and choose quit
As I said I'm new at this, so my instructions may be off or misguided. If so please post with corrections. I just know I was looking for a guide like this and couldn't find one so hope this helps someone.