Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

23XXX VS 21XXX:bad and good

Tip us?

nokiadashi
Old
(Last edited by nokiadashi; 6th February 2010 at 11:54 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default 23XXX VS 21XXX:bad and good

As we all know build 23XXX rom is more "finger friendly" than build 21XXX.

Recently I took a look at how "finger friendly" build 23XXX compared to 21XXX,here is my thought:

1. In 23XXX,the Start Menu and close/ok button are in the bottom,this makes sense,I do find it quicker to operate,while in 21XXX,you have to extend your finger to the right top corner of the screen to click close/ok button.

2. in 23XXX,anything require finger to click become bigger, for example,the owner info,in 21XXX,the input area is very tiny,while in 23XXX,it's very big.

3. the bad thing about 23XXX is that,some softwares were designed based on 21XXX,therefore cannot keep up with 23XXX's new skin,for exmaple Pocketmusic Player v5.3.5,at the end of installation,it askes you to select language, there is no any button (ok or close) for you to proceed, the installation is stuck. Although I do find a way to get around this issue by press back button of the TP2.

But there is no get-around solution for Resco Photo Viewer Pro v6.33,the tools (zoom,open folder etc) are blocked by 23XXX's bottom menu,this makes Photo Viewer Pro v6.33 useless.

I think Resco Photo Viewer Pro v6.33 is much better than newer version v7.0 when it comes to full control of picture viewing exprience.

If you are fan of Resco Photo Viewer Pro v6.33,then 23XXX is definitely not your choice.

People like me are stuck in the cross road of 23XXX and 21XXX, we like 23XXX's more-finger-friendly,but have to leave it because there is no alternative picture viewer that is up to the standard of Resco Photo Viewer Pro v6.33 and compatible with 23XXX.

corepda
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Its a bag mixed of good & bad things. I have used newer builds but not finding them reliable. They are slow at times & not as stable as old builds. Bottom meny does help but still its far from complete. Its not as intuitive as older builds. I am still stick with old 21.XX builds.
Donation for Samsung i9506 ROM Development here
XDA Photo Album | Have You Posted Your's!
------------------

orb3000
Old
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,033
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
Im quite happy with 23xxx versions
Stable and better looking (to me)
orb

HTC One M8 - HTC Butterfly S - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognizes that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly
Tags
21xxx, 23xxx, reco photo