[HOW-TO] Update Holiday N1 from ERD56C to ERE27 with no SIM
I upgraded a Holiday N1 from ERD56C to Stock ERE27 today without a SIM, and thought the instructions might be useful for someone else. This should update any version to ERE27. The phone does not need to have the bootloader unlocked to do this.
I collected the necessary files into one zip to make life a little easier as well, you can find it below.
These instructions will wipe your phone!
You may not need to wipe/factory reset so you could try skipping it, but if you have force closes you may just need to wipe.
First, grab and extract the zip file in this post. You'll also need fastboot for your operating system.
1) Boot your phone while holding down the trackball to boot into the SPL and plug your phone into your computer via USB. It should say fastboot usb on the screen.
2) Run 'fastboot devices' to ensure your phone shows up.
3) Run the following commands to flash the images from the zip file. YES the hboot is the engineering SPL, not the ship one. Mine was an older version and wouldn't apply the update without 0.33.2012.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash splash1 splash1.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot flash hboot hboot-0.33.2012.img
4) Reboot the phone, then select to mount the SD card from the notification bar once it's booted back up.
5) Copy signed-passion-ERE27-from-ERD79.a487b405.zip to the SD card and rename it to update.zip
6) Reboot the phone while holding the volume down button. Press volume down, then power to select recovery.
7) Once in recovery (the android with the warning triangle) press volume up + power once or twice until you get a menu. Use the trackball to select apply update.zip, once it completes select wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache for good measure. Select to reboot the phone.
It will then write the radio image, and reboot to a screen of a android with an arrow out of a box while it updates the radio, it will then reboot a couple of times before fully booting up. This is normal.
That's it, you'll be on the latest ROM with lots of bug fixes, dock settings and multitouch to pinch and zoom to your heart's content.