Originally Posted by ghassan99
Anybody knows of an app to show the contact name in a text message instead of a mobile number? For example the 'Who Called' service from T-mobile (http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/services/c...ns/who-called/
) will send you a text message of the phone number(s) that called while the phone was switched off.
I receive such messages with phone numbers and have to actually try to call the number to figure out the contact (if it exists).
I use Hullomail. It replaces your network voicemail service and it's 'free'. Also it will send you a email with the number or name of the caller but you would need to give the app service access to your Gmail contacts for that.
They also have an app in the market to access all your voicemails.
* Receive and play voice-emails directly in your inbox, mobile and the web
* Get notified of any missed call, even in areas with no mobile reception
* Take control of your voice-emails – it’s up to you, not the operator
* Share, delete and keep your voice-emails forever, within a click
* See who’s calling you instantly from your email contacts
* Access, view, and manage your voice-emails, all from one place
* Use the 'send a Hullo' feature, which allows you to record and send short messages to your friends for FREE *