CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

The History of Flagships: Part I – Sony

Every OEM aspiring to conquer the mobile world undoubtedly releases its take on the so-called … more

XDA & New Relic Performance Monitoring [Sponsored]

In other posts we’ve raved about New Relic Mobile for monitoring performance of our … more

XDA’s Top 5 Stories and Videos for 2014 – XDA TV

Yesterday we talked about our favorite Xposed Mods from 2014 on XDA Xposed … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Convert any QVGA M2D theme to VGA -- Themes are here--

OP nlohani

8th February 2010, 10:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
[/B]As M2D has now been successfuly ported on VGA devices, many VGA device users are willing to have VGA themes. We already have a huge collection of beautiful M2D themes for QVGA, but nothing for VGA.
Luckily I managed to convert these to VGA with few simle steps, which I want to share with the community as a little contribution from my side.

What you need to have:

1. M2D VGA pre-istalled in your device
2. QVGA theme "zip" file (Any M2D theme you want to convert in VGA)
3. Throttle Theme Rescale Tool (Attached)
(Please note that this useful tool is developed by APBilbo for throttle launcher & it works perfect for any theme as it accurately resizes the PNG files from QVGA to VGA. So all credit for this goes to him)
4. HTCHomesettings.xml for VGA (attached)

What you need to do :

1. Unzip the QVGA theme content in a new folder
2. Use theme rescaling tool on this new folder. This will resize all PNG file in this folder to fit your VGA screen.
3. Replace the HTCHome settings.xml file in the folder with the one attached.
4. Zip the folder & copy in your device
5. Add and install the theme with M2DC

------------You are done ! Enjoy the theme of your choice -----------------

Note : The 3rd attachment is a beautiful theme converted from QVGA to VGA which you can directly install & check before you start converting other themes. All credit for this theme goes to the designer of the original QVGA theme.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ThrottleThemeRescaleTool.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.8 KB, 195 views)
File Type: zip VGA htchomesetting.zip - [Click for QR Code] (9.6 KB, 147 views)
File Type: zip _67_FS_1.1_VGA.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.89 MB, 256 views)
Last edited by nlohani; 17th February 2010 at 10:09 AM.
8th February 2010, 11:18 AM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
46 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
Hey whichever i tried, after installing i realize that it is for QVGA than I have to uninstall it.

Can you please also attach a working VGA M2D so that it will be easier for newbie.

Thanks,
Rajesh
8th February 2010, 11:32 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
This is already done and explained here-
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=429224
Please follow step by step as explained and this will work.
Good luck !
8th February 2010, 12:26 PM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
46 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
hey thnx for giving me link but i gets confuse which to install as there are many.
It give mediafire link which contains too many files.
can plz just post the link which i hv to installs or files which are required to install.

Thank,
Rajesh
9th February 2010, 06:42 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
deleted.. . . . . . . . . .
Last edited by nlohani; 9th February 2010 at 06:47 AM.
9th February 2010, 06:50 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshjamnadas

hey thnx for giving me link but i gets confuse which to install as there are many.
It give mediafire link which contains too many files.
can plz just post the link which i hv to installs or files which are required to install.

Thank,
Rajesh

Check out the link-

http://www.eten-users.eu/index.php?showtopic=17954
13th February 2010, 05:31 AM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
94 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
More
THX
nlohani you are the best!

I like the Manila2D UIR a lot. I use it now for 2 months and it's very good even aon a device with only 128MB RAM.

I'm going to check your posted method after I reflashed my device. Thanks for clarifying how to do it. I will post my Q here if I have any
14th February 2010, 12:16 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eer

nlohani you are the best!

I like the Manila2D UIR a lot. I use it now for 2 months and it's very good even aon a device with only 128MB RAM.

I'm going to check your posted method after I reflashed my device. Thanks for clarifying how to do it. I will post my Q here if I have any

Glad that you find it useful. M2D is definetly the coolest UI I have come across. Was missing it badly when I switched to DX900 from ZINC (QVGA to VGA device).

If you want (and if this is OK with the original designers), we can post our converted themes here in this thread to share with all.
14th February 2010, 05:39 PM   |  #9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
46 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlohani

Glad that you find it useful. M2D is definetly the coolest UI I have come across. Was missing it badly when I switched to DX900 from ZINC (QVGA to VGA device).

If you want (and if this is OK with the original designers), we can post our converted themes here in this thread to share with all.

I had installed on MS820 but it takes lots of ROM memory and i m left with 10Mb only. This starts freezing my phone. Is there any thing i need to take care, as i m installing in device memory.
15th February 2010, 08:33 AM   |  #10  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshjamnadas

I had installed on MS820 but it takes lots of ROM memory and i m left with 10Mb only. This starts freezing my phone. Is there any thing i need to take care, as i m installing in device memory.

Can you list down what all programs you have installed from M2D package?
Try installing programs like 'google maps', 'youtube' etc in storage card instead of main memory.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes