Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,700 Members 43,105 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HD2 In Car Cradle

Tip us?

gwinn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HD2 In Car Cradle

Does anyone know what magnet positioning the HTC Car Cradle uses to activate the Navipanel?

I have a Brodit incar cradle but I have spoken to HTC about getting the Navipanel to launch automaticaly and they say that it can't be done as the HTC cradle has magnets in it which cause the Phone to launch Navipanel when it is proximity with the magnetic field and also running on mains power

shthpnz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I believe the activation of Navipanel has nothing to do with magnetism. It is the connection with the mains that triggers the app.

Why do I think so? Because I ordered the 'Motorola mini usb to micro usb adapter'. When I connected this adapter to the 12 V car charger of my old HD, the navi-app on my HD2 came on, the screen tilted 90 degrees and the speakerphone switched on. So I got rid of that Motorola adapter in the car .
Other adapters don't have this behavior.

So believe the feature has to do with the wiring in the connector.

Regards,

fatalus
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shthpnz View Post
I believe the activation of Navipanel has nothing to do with magnetism. It is the connection with the mains that triggers the app.

Why do I think so? Because I ordered the 'Motorola mini usb to micro usb adapter'. When I connected this adapter to the 12 V car charger of my old HD, the navi-app on my HD2 came on, the screen tilted 90 degrees and the speakerphone switched on. So I got rid of that Motorola adapter in the car .
Other adapters don't have this behavior.

So believe the feature has to do with the wiring in the connector.

Regards,
Same to me, but why did you get rid of the adapter??

You can easily turn off the landscape feature from your HD2!!!