XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SPB Mobile Shell 5!

Tip us?

RedRamage
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVarkson View Post
Wait what happened to MS4? I'm guessing 3.5 is referred to as 4.
The number 4 is unlucky in the east Asian. I forget which language... Chinese? Japanese, both? Anyway, in one (or more) of the languages the word for the number 4 sounds extremely close to the word for death. For that reason often '4' will be skipped in various things.

For instance, going a bit old school, but there was the Palm Pilot (Palm 1), then the Palm Pilot Pro (Palm 2), then the Palm III. Next device was the Palm V.

PoisonWolf
Old
Thanks Meter 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRamage View Post
The number 4 is unlucky in the east Asian. I forget which language... Chinese? Japanese, both? Anyway, in one (or more) of the languages the word for the number 4 sounds extremely close to the word for death. For that reason often '4' will be skipped in various things.

For instance, going a bit old school, but there was the Palm Pilot (Palm 1), then the Palm Pilot Pro (Palm 2), then the Palm III. Next device was the Palm V.
In Cantonese, 4 sounds exactly like the word death.
Past successful purchases - kmdub with AT&T Palm Pre Plus(link).
-

LordVarkson
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Wow ok I read about the number 4 the other day, but for some reason I always saw SPB as European for some reason.
Touch Diamond 2, Energy Rom MaxSense

bobaka
Old
Thanks Meter 1
european yes... as in St. Petersburg.. as in Russia

Willuknight
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Mobileshell is really nice, only after you install mobile sense though. Before that, it looks pretty average. I'm really disapointed SPB don't have a whole bunch of extra widgets on their site users can download.
Device History:
Palm M500 (no carrier), Palm Zire 31 (no carrier), PDA2k (Vodafone), HTC Harrier (Telecom), HTC Mogul (Telecom), HTC Rhodium (2degrees)All I want is a phone that will do everything I want and won't crash - is that too much to ask?

lpaggioli
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default When?????

Does anyone know when version 5 will be released?

olyloh6696
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpaggioli View Post
Does anyone know when version 5 will be released?
yes when?, its been awhile since there has been any news on this. wp7 is due in 2 months time. spb are going to have to release this before the arrival of wp7.
Google Nexus 4 Stock Jelly Bean 4.3
Ployer Momo20 Quad Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
HTC Desire S Andromadus Jelly Bean 4.2.2

If This Post Has Helped, Press
Thanks!

ewok666
Old
Thanks Meter 44
SPB have lost the plot completely. Announcing a product 6 months ago with total BS like "SPB Mobile Shell 5.0 Arrives" and "February 15th, 2010 SPB Software, a leading mobile applications and games developer announces the release of SPB Mobile Shell 5.0".

Is their forum still alive or did they have to close it due to people asking where the hell this Mobile Shell 5.0 actually is? Talk about vapourware!

geronemo
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok666 View Post
SPB have lost the plot completely. Announcing a product 6 months ago with total BS like "SPB Mobile Shell 5.0 Arrives" and "February 15th, 2010 SPB Software, a leading mobile applications and games developer announces the release of SPB Mobile Shell 5.0".

Is their forum still alive or did they have to close it due to people asking where the hell this Mobile Shell 5.0 actually is? Talk about vapourware!
Couldn't agree more, it will be 7 months now since the announcement.
I think there are double minded now as many users will move on to WinPhone 7.

They should release it now or never.

I have an HD2 and can use it, but i seriously dont see the point of having MS on android because they already have the same 5 screen etc layout.
The only market left 2 months from now for them will be Symbian.

xmarkom
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I still google once a week to find some news about 5.0 "arrival" but nothing happened so far...

Mobile photography