2nd May 2012, 02:58 PM   |  #3931  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Breslau
Thanks Meter: 539

3,641 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by constantine.johny

Hi, dunno if you remember me, I had some issues with the battery (the indicator doesn't show the current state of battery level, giving me random numbers - after restart it shows 0%, sometimes the phone turns of because of "empty battery", but when I turn it on again it has for example 47%...) - original message at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&page=388#3880

You told me to try to put my battery in the freezer. It helped a little, but after about 2 days everything went back to malfunctioning. So I decided to buy a new battery, in the shop I tried the battery and it displayed like 73%, so I was happy that it works and bought it. At home, when I changed the battery to the new one, the problems started again, showing 0%, or 100% for several days and then dying because of low battery.

Am pretty desperate now. Is there something I can do / install to improve the battery level reading, or is this problem HW related?

In this cause I'm pretty sure it's a mainboard problem.
2nd May 2012, 03:00 PM   |  #3932  
Flag Your Basement
Thanks Meter: 6,811

9,608 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by constantine.johny

Hi, dunno if you remember me, I had some issues with the battery (the indicator doesn't show the current state of battery level, giving me random numbers - after restart it shows 0%, sometimes the phone turns of because of "empty battery", but when I turn it on again it has for example 47%...) - original message at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&page=388#3880

You told me to try to put my battery in the freezer. It helped a little, but after about 2 days everything went back to malfunctioning. So I decided to buy a new battery, in the shop I tried the battery and it displayed like 73%, so I was happy that it works and bought it. At home, when I changed the battery to the new one, the problems started again, showing 0%, or 100% for several days and then dying because of low battery.

Am pretty desperate now. Is there something I can do / install to improve the battery level reading, or is this problem HW related?

Flash a different ROM, use it for a week, and see if the problem continues. That will tell you if it is hardware or software related.
2nd May 2012, 03:06 PM   |  #3933  
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
Well thanks for the quick reply

I feared it would be HW problem :/

Will try some different ROM and then let you know, but I suppose it will be the same :/ Shoot, I hate the new HTCs without HW keyboards, and this model is not sold in my country anymore, so it will be difficult to exchange it...

Anyway, thanks for this ROM, thanks for the support you give and keep the great work!
2nd May 2012, 03:09 PM   |  #3934  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Breslau

3,641 posts
More
The ROM has totally stock battery drivers from 2.08 East Europe RUU. On the other hand I strongly agree with cajun that you should change the ROM to ensure it's not a SW problem.
2nd May 2012, 04:08 PM   |  #3935  
Thanks Meter: 68

355 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunflavoredbob

JVH3 made an app for that. JVH3 Weather City Editor

Have you tried the app? I was able to add a couple of new places but i never could retrieve any weather data. That was actually better than the situation that followed. Now whenever i go to the weather tab , sense restarts.
And if i try to run the app it hangs (could no create country table, or something). I'll try the 2 older versions and after that it is time for hard resetting !
2nd May 2012, 04:17 PM   |  #3936  
Flag Your Basement
Thanks Meter: 6,811

9,608 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumifer1

Have you tried the app? I was able to add a couple of new places but i never could retrieve any weather data. That was actually better than the situation that followed. Now whenever i go to the weather tab , sense restarts.
And if i try to run the app it hangs (could no create country table, or something). I'll try the 2 older versions and after that it is time for hard resetting !

I've never had a need to use it. If you are having problems, report it in that thread. JVH3 should be able to get a fix to you quickly.
29th May 2012, 02:49 AM   |  #3937  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
ROM 2.07.412.1 vs Jackos S3 WWE JackFULL
HI,

Could you tell me how ROM version is newest and better?

ROM 2.07.412.1 or Jackos S3 WWE JackFULL

Thank you.
29th May 2012, 04:24 PM   |  #3938  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Breslau

3,641 posts
More
Jackos S3 1.7.0 is newer and far more optimized then the latest 2.07 stock ROM. It also includes all known fixes (both official and those developed by the community).

If you want some think that looks close to the original software and still want to have the newest patches included I suggest that you try Jackos S3 1.7.0 WWE ShowLITE.
6th June 2012, 01:27 PM   |  #3939  
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
Howdy Jackos.

Why is it that I get this really annoying continues vibration when I receive text msgs? Normally it should vibrate three times briefly, but for me sometimes it just won't let it go. If you can gimme a solution for this, then this is the best ROM I've ever used.

PS. In order to stop it I have to tap the screen, or maybe press a button!

PPS. I searched the thread before posting But nothing similar came up.

Thanks mate.
Last edited by mnvoh; 6th June 2012 at 01:35 PM.
6th June 2012, 01:44 PM   |  #3940  
Flag Piaseczno
Thanks Meter: 63

829 posts
More
Well, I agree...
For some strange reason the vibration for a text message is always as long as the sound set for this event.
Only when you set the profile to "Vibrate" the vibration pattern is independend on the sound file.

The only solution I could find is to use the Vibro app. It allows for setting the vibration patterns for different system events. I have used it for some time, but it was long time ago and I don't remember if I had any problems with it. You have to test it for yourself.

The Following User Says Thank You to Skrobel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread