To transfer music, pictures, and other files from your computer to your phone’s storage card, you need to set the phone’s storage card as a USB drive.
1. Connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable. A
notification icon appears in the status bar.
2. Open the Notifications panel. See “To open the Notifications panel” earlier in this chapter to learn how to open the Notifications panel.
3. In the Notifications panel, tap USB connected and then tap Mount.
Note:When you select Mount, the phone will not recognize the storage card when it is connected to a computer. You will not be able to use some of the phone’s applications such as Camera or Music.
To remove the storage card while the phone is on
When you need to remove the storage card while the phone is on, you must unmount the storage card first to prevent corrupting or damaging the storage card.
1. Press HOME > MENU, and then tap Settings. 2. Scroll down the screen, then tap SD card & phone storage. 3. Tap Unmount SD card.
4. Remove the storage card by following the instructions in “To remove the storage card” earlier in this chapter.
- Droid Eris - GSB 4.4 - CM 7.2 (Retired)
- Nook Tablet - CM 7.2 (Current)
- Droid Bionic - Stock 2.3.4 (Researching)