Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,438 Members 42,712 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What do you think of the New Windows Phone 7 Series
Its Ok!! 116 7.37%
I Like it!! 264 16.77%
I Love it!! 391 24.84%
Nothin Special!! 88 5.59%
Its like killing the current Freedom!! 384 24.40%
I Hate it!! 156 9.91%
Expecting More!! 149 9.47%
Not Required!! 26 1.65%
Voters: 1574. You may not vote on this poll

What do you think about the new WinMo 7?? Like or Not?

Tip us?

Mr. Makk
Old
(Last edited by Mr. Makk; 26th March 2010 at 04:50 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Default What do you think about the new WinMo 7?? Like or Not?

UPDATE: Thanx for participating in the poll but kindly leave a small comment along with it. Thanx

When we say Windows Mobile, what is the first thing that comes to your mind? Emmmmm…
Quote:
Extensive Customization!! - True
Multi Tasking!! - True
Copy Paste!! - True
External SD Card!! – True
Humongous Application and Easy Installation!! - True
Boring but we got UI replacements!! - That is true aswel
And we love that don’t we. That is because it has something that no other Mobile OS had before.
Well lets hear it from you people..
Was this what you were looking for? Or is it no where even close?
To read more go here - Windows Phone 7 might really die before its even Out?

Lets hear what you guys have to say.

havox22
Old
Thanks Meter 6
what about love it hate it..u should add a poll but im getting 1 when they come out

Lunie
Old
Thanks Meter 189

DONATE TO ME
It has new **** so i might as well love it. :P

Mr. Makk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
hmmm. lets see how much we can crack open this os..

fuzzywerewolf
Old
Thanks Meter 6
looks outdated visually boring like all things microsoft lately. The official statement appears to be Manufacturers will also be restricted to the smart tile user interface so not a smart move when you compare with the Android System.

techSage
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm not worried about losing the freedom that we have on WinMo - I'm confident that the community here will find a way - and a great way, at that - to allow everyone to get what they want out of WP7, or the way I put it to my friend: I'm sure XDA-Devs will have there way with WP7.

derliebewolf
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I like the look and feel alot!!

But somehow I fear we will loose all our custimisazion possibilities...like custon ROM's simple apps, Registry tweaks, etc...

But lets see...

God bless You!

1st device Nokia N9 Running Meego 1.3 Harmattan (and a HTC 8x from work)
2nd
device: SE Xperia X1 @ DLW ROM 003
3rd device: HTC Magician @ BigStorage ROM 1.13.01

wmh
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Like it quite a bit, seeing some great potential there.

I'm happy to see Microsoft used the Zune interface as guideline as many, including myself, liked the interface and where "hoping"/"seeing" the possibility of a phone entry to the Zune's menu structure. In this case Microsoft went further even and expanded on that UI just like i feel the Zune interface is an expanded/further developed titanium UI. Thank god we get rid of Touchflo/Sense finally, always hated it, but that's just my personal opinion ofc.

Next to that the new zoom/rendering/cleartype is very nice and a great addition to any OS.

Personally i dont care too much about all the social networking features as i hardly use them myself and suspect europeans overall use these less than americans. However i like the widespread intergration of these things, from the photo app, the Me tile etc. to the automatic selection of contact information.

Hope our great dev's and myself here at XDA will figure out the inner workings of it and be able to polish it to our liking.

my two cents for now

D@vide
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Wait to see how much the new OS is far to customizations, I belive that here at XDA we can hack again but why the no Power user can't? I don't complain with this new Apple/like orientation.

Hope it's not like it seems

D@vide
Nokia Lumia 820 with 64GB MicroSD - HTC Mozart unlocked & Mango Updated...still unlocked - HTC TouchPro2 Energy on board - HTC P3600 (no more TIM branded) with 8Gb Sandisk micro-sd and adapter * 1Gb Kingmax minisd * cooked & recooked rom on board * - I-mate K-JAM with 512 MB Sandisk Minisd - qtek2020-qtek9090-hp4150-hp1940 and many other sd - Asus Vivo Tab RT - iPad 2 & 4 generation 64 GB - iPhone 4S 64GB - Samsung Galaxy S - Samsung Galaxy Next
Now playing with WD My book Live NAS 2 Tbyte

WhyBe
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Looks good to me. It is what I was expecting from a new OS. It isn't just rehashing and repackaging old ideas. I just hope there will be a call manager available for it