Here We Are!!!
The Brand New HTC Sense 2.5.2012 that already ported and ready to use for our VGA devices
* Thanks To
* Modifications & Tweaks
* Development Progress
* How to Cook
HTC Sense - Manila 2.5
HTC Sense or Manila is a user interface, based on the TouchFLO 3D user interface, developed by HTC for mobile devices running Windows Mobile.
HTC Sense is a "design experience, an architecture that is all about how
people use the device, making their content personal to how they use the device.".
HTC Sense 2.5.2012 was come from official RHODIUM_S2 [^] project (ROM), originally supported for WVGA screen only. To fit VGA Screen for Diamond and Raphael (Touch Pro) we need to port LUA, MODE9 and some QTC files from HTC Sense packages.
HTC Sense 2.5.2012 was designed for lower hardware than original HTC Sense that come from LEO ROM ( Already ported by kisja & amarullz [^] ), so the performance was greatly improved.
- Home - Display nice clock UI, current weather with animation backgrounds, Alarm, current date, Calendar and current appointment, and nice quick shortcuts (6 items in VGA), you can set it as programs launcher, contacts and browser bookmarks.
- People - Display favorite contacts, when you hit All People softkey you will see list of all people, there is many things can you do with this tab, like view contact details, sms, email and facebook status.
- Messages - Display recent text messages, the green bubble will shown if you have any unreaded SMS, you can tap on message and HTC Sense will bring the messaging interface for you (Messaging Client/People Message Classic)
- Mail - Display recent email with the sleek interface.
- Internet - Display browser launcher and thumbnailed favorite bookmarks.
- Calendar - Display Month, Year, Day, Week calendar, you can also managed your appointment with the easy to use & finger friendly interface, you can see your Agenda and many more.
- Stock - Display quotes/stocks from Yahoo Finance, you can add new stocks, rearranged the position, and update the chart.
- Photos & Videos - Display your photos & videos in nice 3D view, you can tap the picture to view it, press albums to see the album view, slideshow, and you can directly open the camera with the button on the right.
- Music - Display the music player, you can manage your playlists, find the songs very easy with categorized Artists, albums, genres and composers. It also gie you the nice 3D Album Cover view.
- Weather - Display weather condition and forecasts for your selected cities and my location. It also come with the nice weather animations.
- Twitter - Display your and your friends tweet in nice list view, you can update your tweet, send messages, retweet, and many other things.
- Settings - Display the system and personal settings in nice category. You will forget your old Windows Mobile settings with this new Settings tab.
Differences between Manila 2.1 and HTC Sense 2.5.
Captain_Throwback already create the great list of difference between Manila 2.1 and Sense 2.5.
Sense 2.1 - Home tab includes World Clock w/Weather under time & Animated Weather wallpaper. Quick links to Call History & Calendar under time. Scrolling up will reveal several calendar entries.
Sense 2.5 - Home tab includes World Clock w/Weather under time & several choices of Animated wallpaper, including Weather. Quick link to Calendar under time, one Calendar entry shows. Scrolling up reveals 6 Quick Link shortcuts that can be customized to add a Program shortcut, Contact shortcut, or Bookmark.
Sense 2.1 - People tab is the same as previous versions of Manila. Features 3D shortcut to Contact card for Favorites, selectable using bladelist along side of tab. Contact numbers are listed underneath selected Contact picture, and can be dialed with a single press.
Sense 2.5 - People tab features a grid view which shows 6 contact shortcuts at a time (scrolling up reveals additional shortcuts). Each shortcut uses Contact Picture for identification, and can be customized to View Contact Card, call a selected number, send a text or email (an icon in the bottom right of the picture will indicate the selected default action). The shortcut is actually 2 buttons - the picture acts as a direct shortcut to the default action as selected previously, and the bottom portion (which displays the contact name) opens the Contact card for that person. If there is an unread notification from that person, it will show up as a green icon on the bottom right of the button.
-- COMING SOON --
* Kisja - For the great works in Manila 2.5.1921.
* cnzqy1 - Help me in porting & comparison this new Manila
* aamikam, programatix - For your great EXT ports.
* madnish30, Captain_Throwback - For your help in community.
* Co0kieMonster for his LuaTool [^]
* sztupi for his mode9converter [^]
* 6Fg8 for his mode9editor [^]
* All donators
* And anyone who help it to become reality.