[App] MiniSMS Server v0.7Beta (11th March 2010)
This is a brainchild of samvds, developed by me.
The idea behind this app is to have a remote access over your SMS.
What is it?
A mini custom webserver that runs on your device!!
which allows you to access all your contacts over internet
. and story doesn't stop here, you can send sms to selected contact from the rendered webpage. The SMS will be sent through your mobile
From v0.4 you can now fetch the SMS from your device to the webpage.
So now read and write both are possible
You can access your contacts over the Internet
, send messages to them remotely from your mobile.
In case you forget your mobile at home and app is not running
Don't worry just send "Start Server" from someones mobile and it will respond to your command
So then just access the website and all your contacts are in front of you and the Power to SMS them
Worried about your battery. Kill the battery sucker from the webpage
Ok enough of description now the setup part.
1. Download the cab and install it.
2. Look for SMS Server CP and open it.
3. The app is simple but has some settings, we will now see those.
default is 5050, this will be used to connect to your device from internet.
For setting up this value we need to follow some steps.
Here we are trying to create an entry for our device at www.dyndns.com
it is free. Basically whenever we connect to internet the IP will change so we need to check every time what the IP is, so this step can be avoided by using this service. Just register a hostname for your device and access your device using this hostname
, so no need to remember/find the IP of your device.
The username/password field are the one which you would use while creating the account in the dyndns.com
here fill the domain name which you have opted for. Dont use Http
just the domain name.
: buggy but will display your device IP(sometimes)
After this is setup
.Click Menu and then Click Save.
.Click Update HTML, this will generate the HTML which will be hosted on your device, and can be accessed through internet.
.RemoteActivation is for enabling the Remote starting of server. Enabling it will allow you to start the server by sending an SMS having "Start Server" command. in either case you will receive the message back notifying you about the status.
. In case you want to manually test/start it first click Update IP. this should be done when you have registerd a hostname on dyndns.com.
. Click Start server.
How to access the webpage.
Open your fav browser. write the hostname eg. http://servermohit.gotdns.org:5050
the 5050 is the port number
which you have set up for connectivity at control panel.
If the server is running and every thing is fine you should see a webpage, it will have a dropdown containing all your contacts
and a text field you can manually enter some number or just choose the contact and its number will be displayed in the textbox.
enter some sms text and click send
, the page will show the status in case message sending was a success then success will be displayed else an Error.
In case you want to stop the server click Stop Server
this should kill the server running in your device.
register for an account.
Goto my services and choose add hostname under Host services
Enter a desired hostname with service type category as Host with ip address. provide any random IP address, this will be updated by the app later. refer the attachments also.
This is still under testing and may not work as expected... There is lot to be done.
Read Carefully before trying.
1. Web page modified.
2. Login page added(ur dyndns account details)
3. Can request for delivery report
4. Will show the text limit on webpage.
5. option added to update ip after every x mins will happen only when server is running.
V 0.3b Fixed
1. Server status on the same page, no need to go back and forth.
2. Some bug fixes.
3. Sent items SMS will be saved with the name of the contact.
4. IP will be updated only when the IP has changed. Update time can be set from 1-300 mins.
FIXED: a condition in v0.3b where message contained "&" might result in unknown results
1. Option added to view the sms from any folder in your device.
1. Modified the Webpage, added button to clear the textbox
2. Network connection logic modified.
3. Less buffer errors.
1. Added support for utf-8 encoding characters.
2. IP panel in control center will show the updated IP
v0.7b(Fixed remote start)
1. Save menu will save the Settings and generate the HTML, removed Update HTML menu.
2. Removed UpdateIP menu, start server will take care of doing that now.
3. HTML page size reduced.
4. Option to send messages to multiple users.
(To select Keep CTRL pressed
5. IP Update will not connect to internet if server is not running.
Note: u need to set up every detail again in control panel and then save.
SUPPORT LATE NIGHTS- DONATE!