Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,209 Members 36,917 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlock HTC HD2 from T-mobile

Tip us?
Optimus-Prime Old
Thanks Meter 0
i think the highest price i saw here is $38... all i got to say is HELL NO.

i got mine directly from T-mobile.

if you know someone who has a T-mobile account ask them to call T-mobiel and get the unlcok code for you. i did that with my aunts account. they jsut need a account to tie down the phone too. i got mine the very next day in my email.

webvan
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Just got a used HD2 and I'm surprised there's no way to unlock it with the right tool, most smartphones can be unlocked, right?

Anyway I have a T-Mobile prepaid card so I'll try calling them tomorrow to see if I can get it unlocked for free, thanks for the tip.

Neet
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniym View Post
If this is for T-Mobile USA:

simply search for "HTC HD2 T-Mobile unlock code" on ebay. I unlocked mine for US$8 i think. When ordering, you have an option to type in a message to the seller. Type in the Carrier name (e.g. Tmobile USA) and the IMEI number, which you can find on the phone settings software or behind the battery.

It's a very simple process and I received my code by email within a couple of hours following payment.
Ebay one's are great and work fast.....I got mine in 10 mins...)))
Proud SGII Owner!

Do you know about COPY?
Its like Dropbox but has 15 GB at sign up. Also click this https://copy.com?r=aieyqA and sign up. You'll start with 20 GB of FREE Online "Dropbox like" Storage Space. Thanks in advance!

Finally able to use WM 6.5.5!
UpToDate working perfectly on WM 6.5.5!
See it here [url]http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=5755253#post5755253[url]
Kudos to DrTom!

webvan
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I'm seeing two price ranges $6 and $20,the second one being for "recent" HD2s 357779039xxxxxx. Some $6 listings don't make the difference, anyone taken a gamble on a cheaper one with no restrictions?

obliter8
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just used www .unlock-now. com Was a little bit wary of entering my IMEI on a random website, but the order was completed, and valid code emailed in about 10 minutes.

15 T-mobile UK btw

alpha-niner64
Old
(Last edited by alpha-niner64; 25th June 2011 at 04:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 73
I went ahead and called their CS and told them I just wanted to unlock the phone for the sake of. I do have an account with TM. She went ahead and guessed that I wanted it for overseas travel and blah blah(most likely to cover herself since "conversation may be recorded for quality and training purposes). Right now I'm just waiting for the code. Hopefully I get it.

EDIT: Yup, it all worked out. I got my unlock code within 24 hours. Good stuff. If you're a Tmobile customer, don't hesitate to ask for the unlock code.

h0ng
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I used htc-unlocker.org , very fast sure, maybe not the cheapest.. but it was very fast (11 minutes)

Nik Ahmad
Old
(Last edited by Nik Ahmad; 2nd July 2011 at 02:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus-Prime View Post
i think the highest price i saw here is $38... all i got to say is HELL NO.

i got mine directly from T-mobile.

if you know someone who has a T-mobile account ask them to call T-mobiel and get the unlcok code for you. i did that with my aunts account. they jsut need a account to tie down the phone too. i got mine the very next day in my email.
I am from Malaysia. Today i saw in ebay sim lock HTC HD2 at Low Pricehere. Any idea how to contact tmobile through email to get unlock code.
Device: Samsung Omnia II i8000 + 8GB microSDHC SanDisk
ROM : most prefer Secany & RODRIGOFD

Device: HTC Touch Cruise + 2GB microSD Transcend
ROM : most prefer WM65 Pcarvalho & TranMinhMan
Radio version: 1.59.46.12

webvan
Old
Thanks Meter 15
It's hassle. I called them from my T-Mobile cell line and while the rep took all the info they then sent me an email saying they needed an invoice showing had been bought at full price to go ahead with the unlock. I'll probably pay for an unlock on eBay later, right now I use it over WiFi.
The Following User Says Thank You to webvan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prashanthm
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by webvan View Post
It's hassle. I called them from my T-Mobile cell line and while the rep took all the info they then sent me an email saying they needed an invoice showing had been bought at full price to go ahead with the unlock. I'll probably pay for an unlock on eBay later, right now I use it over WiFi.
You should probably give it another try. A different CSR may be able to help you.
I had 2 HD2s unlocked from T-Mobile last year without much difficulty.....