[APPMOD][FEB.25 UPDATE]Today+ManilaTV+CallHistory+Docs+Ereader Tabs[Discontinued!]

Search This thread

PROTOCHIP

Nov 2, 2005
Dear Friends,

I have managed to run MANILA with all available tabs together.

I have used ManilaTV cab from user netdrg , MTPTodayV501 cab from user mkucuksari and MTPTodayPage from its coder user blezalex,callhistory cab from user utopykzebulon,also docs and ereader files from user HD2owner... Lots of thanks to them for these files !!!

I have combined them into one cab with all default tabs configuration...

With this mod, you will be able to see TODAYPAGE Tab, CALLHISTORY Tab, MANILATV Tab, DOCUMENTS Tab and EREADER Tab with other available default tabs...

It should work with all manila versions but you have to USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. ( may not work manilas without footprints tab@default and also MANILA - 2.5.19211619.0 )

Thanks to KIND XDA USERS blezalex,netdrg,utopykzebulon,mkucuksari,HD2owner for the app tabs,mods and jaguaralani for modern manila tv icon !!!

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS :

*** ENGLISH BASED ROMS ONLY !!! ( for other language based roms you have to try and see if it works since i got some negative feedback as program files and startup folder names differ in other language based roms...)

BACKUP FIRST !!!

I assume that you never installed ManilaTv or MTP. I assume that you have a fresh formatted Phone.If you have installed any of them, just uninstall and reboot.If this cab doesnt work, Please hardreset your phone and try to install to a fresh HD2 or try different custom roms.

- Download the attached CAB file and install it to device memory and restart the phone.

- Go to manila settings - Personalize - Home screen Tabs and reorder your tabs and
done. Manila will restart then you will see all the tabs together with your personalized order.

TOTAL TABS: (18 TABS)
Home,People,Music,Twitter,Weather,Calendar,Messaging,Email,Internet,Stocks,Album,Footprints,Documents,Ereader,ManilaTv,CallHistory,Today,Settings...

- Use MTP configuration file in windows menu to add available today plugins to today page tab.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=508102

- Edit manilaTv.xml file in /Application Data/Manila Tv Player/ to add new tv streams.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=534185

EDIT 1: WORKS WITH MAXX MANILA AND COOKIE'S HOME TAB MOD !!!

EDIT 2: DONT CHANGE THE ORDER OF CALL HISTORY TAB OTHERWISE IT DISAPPEARS.IF YOU DID, JUST PUT THE TAB TO THE THIRD ( 3RD ) PLACE AGAIN. Lets say; Home tab,Today Tab,Call History tab,Internet tab,.......... ( SETTINGS-PERSONALIZE-HOME SCREEN TABS )

EDIT 3: IT MAY NOT WORK MANILAs WITHOUT FOOTPRINTS TAB@DEFAULT...

EDIT 4 : REPORTED NOT WORKING ON MANILA - 2.5.19211619.0 !!! - I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THE PROBLEM...

DOWNLOAD CAB : FOR ALL MANILA VERSIONS of HD2 ( may not work manilas without footprints tab@default and also MANILA - 2.5.19211619.0)

MANILATV-TODAY-CALLHISTORY-DOCS-EREADER TABS ALL TOGETHER

http://rapidshare.com/files/355594366/MANILATV_TODAY_CALLHISTORY-DOCS-EREADER_WWE.cab

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2HRS3JDF

Hope all these help !!!

P.S. Project discontinued due to not having free time because of my marriage. Hope you all understand...

Kind Regards...

Attachments

• alltabs.jpg
    alltabs.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,423
Last edited:

suicidal.banana

Jul 20, 2008
Dude this is awesome! even with sorting, im amazed!
Though one small thing, not sure if its related to MTP or this cab, but MTP wont work at boot, can load it from start menu (MTP Loader) fine though

PROTOCHIP

Nov 2, 2005
Dude this is awesome! even with sorting, im amazed!
Though one small thing, not sure if its related to MTP or this cab, but MTP wont work at boot, can load it from start menu (MTP Loader) fine though

Dear suicidal.banana,

Thanks...

The cab is working flawlessly here. I have just hardreset my phone and reinstalled it and faced no problems. MTP loaded automatically during boot process.I guess that you have MTP installed before or broken registry ?

Kind Regards...

Last edited:

suicidal.banana

Jul 20, 2008
Nah this is the first time i use MTP, and theres quite some things that could be causing it, like wm 6.5.5 or artemis 3.7, forget i mentioned it since i hardlly ever reset my device anyway, and like i sayd with the load option from start menu it works fine

I've just posted in the MTP thread regarding that 'boot issue'

Thanks again for your work, this thing is just great :D

PROTOCHIP

Nov 2, 2005
Nah this is the first time i use MTP, and theres quite some things that could be causing it, like wm 6.5.5 or artemis 3.7, forget i mentioned it since i hardlly ever reset my device anyway, and like i sayd with the load option from start menu it works fine

I've just posted in the MTP thread regarding that 'boot issue'

Thanks again for your work, this thing is just great :D

Dear suicidal.banana,

Welcome. Have fun...

Kind Regards,

siddartha

Jun 11, 2009
wow you can also create a cabfor the touch hd with working tv-tab + program-tab + all default-tabs (inkl. document-tab + ebook reader tab).

greets
sid

Last edited:

jaguaralani

Aug 3, 2007
Perth
jaguaralani-pda.forumms.net
Awesome work mate !!!!!!
runs flawlessly on my custom ROm with Manila 20113626 (HD2)
but I just couldn't add more channels like I used to do previously using MANLATV ??

Any clues??
Any compatible cabs with more channels ? ( BBC,CNN.... etc )

PROTOCHIP

Nov 2, 2005
Awesome work mate !!!!!!
runs flawlessly on my custom ROm with Manila 20113626 (HD2)
but I just couldn't add more channels like I used to do previously using MANLATV ??

Any clues??
Any compatible cabs with more channels ? ( BBC,CNN.... etc )

Dear jaguaralani,

It can be add by editing manilatv.xml file under /application data/manila tv player/ . But if you have problems just send me the file xml file you have and i can add it to the cab. Thanks...

Kind Regards...

PROTOCHIP

Nov 2, 2005
wow you can also create a cabfor the touch hd with working tv-tab + program-tab + all default-tabs (inkl. document-tab + ebook reader tab).

greets
sid

Dear siddartha,

I am working on this but it locks up manila after a while when i add an app to programs tab. I am looking for a solution and if i overcome the bug, i will publish the cab which contains programs tab also.

Kind Regards...

Last edited:

stephen2529

Dec 17, 2009
didnt work for me. i installed the cab to the device then reset but on start up sense couldnt start. im using a light 1.66 rom manila2.31921 with cookies quick link app.

PROTOCHIP

Nov 2, 2005
didnt work for me. i installed the cab to the device then reset but on start up sense couldnt start. im using a light 1.66 rom manila2.31921 with cookies quick link app.

Dear stephan2529,

It was tested with manila 20113626 . The mod may have different behaviours between custom roms and
manila versions.

Kind regards...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is it posible to update ONLY manila? without hard reset?