I Can't send MMS and can't access Internet Explorer

Search This thread

abrille

Feb 2, 2010
Hi to ALL,

I got a Treo 750 AT&T from a friend who got back from the U.S...Am now in the Philippines and am using a local network (SMART). I am having a problem however in sending MMS files. everytime i try, there is a prompt which says, "connecting to AT&T...GPRS and 3G... and then the MMS stays in the outbox folder..this happens everytime i try to send an MMS. It won't access to the Internet explorer either...the only thuing I can use is sending text messages...the rest of the functions won't work. I am confused now as to how am I gonna use my treo phone to its maximum features.. I hope somenoe can help me on this...

Thank you.

Sirob

Feb 18, 2008
Odessa
It seems your phone is trying to access Internet using connection settings for previous US operator. Did you make all the settings for your local network (Start > Settings > Connections > etc.)?

libal

Feb 24, 2008
a guide how to do it

1. Start, Settings, Connections, and then tap the Connections Icon
2. Under "My Work Network" tap Add a New Modem Connection
3. Name it Picture Messaging and under Select a modem select (GPRS,3G)
4. Under Access Point Name type: ____________ (ask your cell company)
5. Username, Password, and Domain is left blank and then click Finish
6. Now, go into Proxy Settings and check "This network connects to the Internet" and check "This network uses a proxy server to connect to the internet"
7. Under the Proxy Server box type: _________ (ask your cell company)
8. Tap the advanced button and tap on the HTTP line. Make sure the HTTP settings shows __________ (ask your cell company)
9. Click the OK button a few times to get out of the settings completely.
10.Now go to Start, Messaging, Menu, then Options, Advance, then Click Manual, and then the Edit button
11. Message center number _________ (ask your cell company)
12. Email center number is _____ (ask your cell company)
13. MMS gateway address is ___________ (ask your cell company)
14. MMS URL is http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/servlets/mms (ask your cell company)
15. Finally under Network Profile select: My Work Network and then click ok.

abrille

Feb 2, 2010
Thank you very much for sending me this procedure to correct the setting of my mobile phone. I will coordinate with my Local network here in the Phils. to supply the needed settings.

Best regards,

Abrille

abrille

Feb 2, 2010
Dear All,

I have followed the instructions that you have given to me but still I couldn't access and/or browse the internet as well as receiving MMS format files. I tried to access and view some threads and I happened to see an email thread that gives an instruction on how to Re-flash/Unbrand a Palm Treo 750... I would like to ask your expertise Sirs if this is the next possible way or solution to solve the problem with my Treo 750? I hope someone can help me on this...thank you and more power to all.

Abrille