• Stock

Votes: 100 55.6%
  • Sense UI

Votes: 80 44.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

brentonwx

Jul 13, 2008
Hmmm Sense UI won for me because of the widgets.

The clock+weather widget is great as it replaced two wigdets on stock.
Looks great too.

The friend stream widget for sense UI totally replaced my facebook widget and facebook shortcut on the home screen. It can read updates and post comments to facebook, twitter, flickr....

Calender widget that sync even facebook contacts' birthday....a bit redundant..but yeah, better than nothing.

people widget, i can get to stroll through my contacts in the home screens by their photos, divided into groups.

Oh not forgetting the pinch to zoom home screen that allow me to switch between the 7 home screens. Yup 7 screens compared to stock's 5....

IF stock has more home screens with widgets like htc sense ui, i would prefer the clean slick ui of stock...

uansari1

Jul 27, 2008
Karachi
I wonder inf MoDaCo aka Paul will release one with the ^ Phone + launcher and one with the current stock launcher.. I agree that it is a huge (and unsightly) waste of screen space.

On second thought, isn't the launcher just an APK? So we could swap out our launcher with the SenseUI port.

It's not that easy... we struggled with this on the G1/MT3G. While you CAN use the stock launcher on the Desire ROM by installing a home replacement, much of SenseUI is tied into the sense framework. The widgets are intertwined into that framework as well. It's not possible to just pull things out and push other things in...